close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Flat shipping fee for each item - UK store

Thread began 2/23/2010 1:40 pm by tvpav1317975 | Last modified 3/11/2010 3:31 pm by Jason Byrnes | 1882 views | 8 replies |

tvpav1317975

Flat shipping fee for each item - UK store

After trying numerous free cart solutions I stumbled across PowerStore 3 and it seemed to be too good to be true!

I am based in UK and I am a web designer with limited knowledge of php and eCommerce solutions and that's why I bought PowerStore.

Unfortunately I didn't know before I parted with my money that the store is geared up for US shipping rates system.

Now I am completely stuck with this - I managed to change all instances of $ to £ and that part works fine. Now all I need to do is to be able to add flat shipping fee to each item in store but increase it by set amount with each extra item added to cart.

This kind of calculation comes in the free eCommerce solutions for WordPress! I never thought that in a package which costs $199 that would be an issue at all.

I am not php guru and I need to get this working ASAP - I have clients screaming at me that the store isn't working yet.

Help - in english please :)

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

to make modifications to the shipping in PowerStore, you need to use our eCart extension.

using eCart, you can remove the existing shipping rules from the eCart object and add a new rule.

in the new shipping rule, use the trigger Number of Unique Items > 0

Set the calculation to Based on multiple of column subtotal:
SubTotal of column "Quantity" times "4" "plus" "0"

change 4 above to amount you want to charge for each item.

tvpav

Thanks for your reply.

Could you please point where I can find information that I have to buy another $199 package to be able to use the store outside of US on this page?:

powerstore/

I can clearly see this statement:
*No manual editing of PowerStore is necessary. Therefore, a text editor such as Dreamweaver or our Dreamweaver extensions are not required to set up or use PowerStore.

I am trying not to be angry but I feel robbed and misinformed. I bought PowerStore with believe I would be able easily set online store.

i.edwards384429

shipping etc

Hi

As a web designer for some years in the UK I do sympathise with your comments.

But to be fair the WA site does list what the solution does and does not do.

I am a fairly basic user of PHPand mysql and IMHO the most useful thing that WA has is their support.

How many other organisations will reply within 24 hours?

I had a problem that was driving me insane after three days WA support called me from the US as a time of my choosing and talked me through diagnosis. After 15 minutes It was proved that my brain cell had gone on holiday;-)

As a user of Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Fireworks and Xara to name a few I have to say the WA support beats them all.

cheers

Ian

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

No text editor or Dreamweaver is required to set up PowerStore. you are asking how to change the available functionality however.

To change the way PowerStore handles shipping, you will need to use eCart.

tvpav

This is ridiculous. You are asking me to spend another $199 on something I don't want to buy. With all respect this is not a solution to my problem here at all - it's more like adding to it.

I can't spend anymore money and I have completely useless to me piece of software :(

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

The reality of the issue is:
The piece of functionality you are asking about is not included in PowerStore.
The only way to add the functionality is to use eCart.

tvpav

Jason - I know this function is not included - that's why I am here, complaining. I was made believe that I can use PowerCart out of the box - there is no mention in the product description that without eCart or hard core knowledge of PHP I won't be able to use it UK.

This package is completely useless to me and that's not my fault - I've only believed what I've read on your website.

I also know that you do not issue refunds - but on the back of this statement from PowerStore 3 product page:

"*PowerStore is a complete pre-built online store, therefore no manual editing or use of a text editor (such as Dreamweaver) is required."

I think you should make an exception. I am very unhappy customer with the product that isn't suitable for my needs.

Regards

Pav

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the features tab for power store says the following for shipping:
Real-time shipping rate quotes – shipping providers
-United States Postal Service (USPS)
-UPS
-FedEx

no where does it mention that you can create other shipping rules.

The available features of PowerStore are on display in the power store demo web site:
powerstore-demo.com/

the shipping tab of the admin settings page:
admin_settings.php

displays all of the available shipping options that can be configured.

The power store demo site clearly demonstrates all of the available functionality in PowerStore

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...