Finally got it fixed after all these months.
Thanks for your suggestion, however it still would not work.
But after several hours of trying every combination known to mankind I got it !!!!!!!!!!
It appears that DA puts the search server behaviour for checkboxes "Type" (the first column) to "Check" and for me it has NEVER worked.
So here it is!
1. I made sure that the database columns (tinyint ,1)where set to default to 0, and the checkboxes on the search pages had a checked value of 1.
2. On the "Server behaviour Configuration" window (accessible in the DA Results.php page server behaviours list), select a checklist item and click the edit button.
3. On the "Configure A Search Parameter" window "filter section"
Change the "Type" from "Check" to "Edit" .
4. Repeat on every checkbox item you have.
I can tell you I very excited about this.
I'm going out to have a party !!!!!