Thanks for the reply.
Luckily, I happened to open up a file that had the Univ. Email SBs on it and I was presented with an error message that said:
Error while loading WA Universal Email.htm
Unable to open script file "E:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Dreamweaver CS4\Configuration\Shared\Controls\Scripts\WAUniversalEmail.js"
On checking this directory there were NO WA*.js files in there at all. So I reloaded WA UE and that solved the Memento problem as well as the WA UE problem.
I then checked the abovementioned directory and found that the WAUniversalEmail.js file was still not there BUT when I checked in the usual Config directory under Documents and Settings I discovered the WAUniversalEmail.jsfile and a few others besides.
I seem to recall back in the days of DW UD4 that there would be from time to time some scrambling of the Configuration data or cache. But for the life of me I cant recall what had to be done to fix it.