Well, it's almost 5am and I am going to have to go to bed. Been up trying to figure this out and it just doesn't make any sense at all.
I have enclosed a couple of images of screen caps showing the simplest rule I have setup and the script I ran and results I got to be sure that the values for the security checks are available in the SESSION array.
When I put this rule on a page I can no longer view the page whether I am logged in or not.
As you can see, when I am logged in the UserLevel SESION variable is currently 1. The rule is set to allow access if that variable is 1 but I still get redirected to the fail page.
This first 2 variables (SecurityAssist_UserID and UserLevel) are ones that are available directly through the settings in SA2. The other 2 variables are the ones I generated by pulling values from the orders tables and doing my calculations to check for the active subscription and level of access. I have also included the login.php file I altered and the file containing the function call I used to generate these variables.