close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Memento Error when starting Dreamweaver CS4

Thread began 4/16/2009 5:48 am by info23005 | Last modified 9/11/2012 1:35 pm by Jason Byrnes | 18462 views | 21 replies |

info23005

Memento Error when starting Dreamweaver CS4

I am receiving the following error when starting Dreamweaver:

While executing onShow in WA_Memento.htm, the following JavaScript error(s) occurred:
In file "WA_Memento":
_MementoNotifications is not defined.

I have many Webassist extensions installed so I'm not sure if a specific extension is causing this... otherwise I would probably simply uninstall and then re-install. I never had a crash or other strange behavior... this just started happening about two days ago.

Any hints or possible solutions would be appreciated. I have started a support ticket as well with the hopes of finding a solution.

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

This is the winfilecache.dat issue or macfilecache.dat issue if you are on a mac. Search the forums for more details, but essentially you need to close dreamweaver and delete a cache file.

Then when you restart Dreamweaver the problem will be gone. It isn't actually a problem with the code or an an extension. It is a problem with Dreamweaver thinking there is a problem when there isn't. We have reported this to the adobe team and they have assured us it will be fixed in their next update.

The file should exist in your user configuration folder. On PC type "%appdata%" into explorer to find the correct application directory, then browse down to the Dreamweaver version and find the Configuration folder. That is where you will find the offending cache file.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

bgspoonz294882

Pardon the dunce, but what does this 'memento' reference... what is 'memento' in this case?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Memento is an interface that is installed with any WebAssist extensions.

It is an RSS feed window where we post announcements, known issues, and product updates that appear directly in Dreamweaver when it is opened.

It's primary purpose is to make sure users get the most recent updates of a given product, but it is also used to promote sales and product launches.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

bgspoonz294882

wow... its been awhile since I've used the suite i purchased some time ago, but last I remembered I dont remember this 'memento'. Gonna check for previous forum posting (which i think i did before making this post)

pdouglass267981

How do you uninstall memento from dreamweaver?

Anna Robinson

Here is a thread on disabling Memento:

showthread.php?t=4061

toms016390756

Thanks, it worked for me after i cleared the cache file

--- My baby:

biz295654WebAssist

Originally Said By: Anna Robinson
  Here is a thread on disabling Memento:

showthread.php?t=4061  

This isn't a valid link anymore... How can it be disabled?

Thanks

Anna Robinson

In Dreamweaver, go to either Edit > WebAssist Preferences or WebAssist > Preferences (depends on which product you have installed... we've moved to a high level WebAssist menu with more recent extensions).

Click on Memento. Select Never.

This completely disables Memento. Make sure you also close the Memento floater if you haven't done so already.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...