close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

While executing onClick in SecurityAssistWizard, a javaScript error occurred.

Thread began 10/08/2009 3:50 am by jegoadby285710 | Last modified 1/14/2011 12:30 pm by peterbroekman35409717 | 6406 views | 8 replies |

jegoadby285710

While executing onClick in SecurityAssistWizard, a javaScript error occurred.

I get this error when tying to use Security Assist Wizard on a new php page it aslo does the same on pages i'ev ran it on in the past. I've uninstaled it and downloded a newer copy but still get the same arror. No new upgrades have been made to the Mac.

Im running a Mac on 10.5.8 and CS3 Dreamwever.

Its a real pain!

I have attached an image of the error

Sign in to reply to this post

David StringerBeta Tester

Have you tried deleting your WinFileCache.dat in the Dreamweaver Configuration before opening up the programme? I'm not sure where it is situated on a Mac, but if you do a search of the forum I'm sure its there.

I've done what you've done occasionally, re-installing the extension. When I've done a new install I always delete the cache and this seems to help in most cases.
HTH

jegoadby285710

WinFileCache.dat O SX Mac

WinFileCache.dat. is MacFileCache-########.dat on a Mac

-DW8
--Hard disk: Users: <Your User Name>: Library: Application Support: Macromedia: Dreamweaver 8:Configuration
-DWCS3
--Hard disk: Users: <Your User Name>: Library: Application Support: Adobe: Dreamweaver 9: Configuration
-DWCS4
--Hard disk: Users: <Your User Name>: Library: Application Support: Adobe: Dreamweaver CS4: en_US: Configurationion

jegoadby285710

This seems to be the problem (SecurityAssist_Object.js)

Still no good. Seems to be a problem with this file:
SecurityAssist_Object.js
But if you remove this it definatly will not work.

Help

David StringerBeta Tester

I'm sure that if you use the above to remove the MacFileCache, it should work for you.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Make sure you are deleting the macfilecache .dat file with Dreamweaver closed. 90% of the time that is the cause of errors like this.

If it still doesn't work, post back and I'll open a support incident so that someone can investigate this with you further.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

jegoadby285710

Still not right

Unfortunately its not making any difference, I even put the Mac though a restart.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I have created a support incident so that we can look into this with you further over the phone. Make sure to update your incident with contact information.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

peterbroekman35409717

While executing Onload - annoying Security assist wizard error

There are two or three therads with the same issue. When opening the secuty assist wizard I only get this: While executing onLoad in SecurityAssistWizard.htm, the following Javascript errors(s) occured: At line 258 ......:Commands:SecurityAssistWizard.js. I see a pop-up after cancelling that's totally gray. There are back and next buttons when pushed the give the same mistake on lines 748 and 798 of another javascript file SecurityAssist_Object.js.

Deleting the .dat cache file does not help, nor does uinstalling. I am on a Macpro and a bit frustrated. This part is one of the main reasons I bought the whole package. Really need it. Please do some more testing whatsoever, this must be a mistake that happens more often (it does since it's in this formum).

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...