close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

ecard paypal,download center problem

Thread began 5/14/2012 5:12 pm by mpiasecki1437949 | Last modified 5/18/2012 8:06 am by Jason Byrnes | 3953 views | 8 replies |

mpiasecki1437949

ecard paypal,download center problem

I created e-card with all pages and download center for digital goods. With user registration attached to check out pages.

I have the following problems:

-after successull transaction with pay pal standard customer is redirected to download_center page (I chose this one on confirm page instead of check_out success.php because this one was asking for log in again) to download orders. The problem is that every customer that logs in to his profile page and goes to download center see the same download items that were purchased by other user. The same story is with order history and details every body has the same.

- also, I need some technical advice. Because I provide custom orders for each customer I insert a link to product detail page (that has add to cart button) to user table, then this link is displayed with recordset at profile page.The link looks like this products_Detail.php?ProductID=3. How do I make this record set a clickable link that goes to address that link text shows ?

-Is there a way to have standard paypal to return automatically without clicking the link ?

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I do not recomend using paypal standard for setting up a download center, the big problem with paypal standard is that it is not a real time payment gateway system.

I would strongly recommend using PayPal express or paypal payments pro instead, the difficulties you are going to run into setting up paypal standard for this are just to great.

with paypal payments standard, the transaction is not completed in real time. Paypal uses a system called IPN to send a post to your site when the transaction is actually processed.

you search this forum for many threads where i talk about the difficulties of using paypal standard and IPN.

mpiasecki1437949

paypal

Jason,
But transaction was recorder since I was able to download the file and when I check database for OrderUserID the userID number of purchaser was there where for others was showing 0. Why then everybody that logs in has the same file at download center as well as order history and details.

Also could you advice on the link question

Thank you
Mark

mpiasecki1437949

Download Center

Ok I now use Pay Pal Express Checkout. But still the problem remains. The download center shows the product that was purchased by one customer to everybody that are logged and visit download_center.php also order history and detail is the same for everybody. Please advice what is the problem. Do I have to write a ticket ?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

well, the key's to making the download center work are:

1) setting the store order summary to save the users ID to OrderUserID column of the orders table.

for express checkout, the store order summary behavior will be on the pp_confirm page.

double check your login page, double click the authenticate user behavior and go to the Session tab to double check the name of the session being created. make sure this is the session you have bound the OrderUserID column of the orders table to in the store order summary behavior.

2) in the recordset for the download center page, make sure that you are referring to the correct session variable.

getting the order history and download center page to work correctly all depends on using the correct session variable that is created by the login page.

if you continue to have a problem, I'll need to see the code on the login page, the pp_confirm page and order history / download center pages you created.

mpiasecki1437949

Download Center

Jason,
attached are pages that you listed.
I check login page there are 4 sessions for user authentication maybe because I was trying to do redirection to userprofile page and some shouldn't be there. One problem with log in I noticed that when I log in I am always redirected to userprofile.php even when I am asked to log in right before check out. I would like to fix that so before check out user is not redirected to userprofile but stays on the same page that wants to access.

-also I need would like to find solutions for this issue-I need some technical advice. Because I provide custom orders for each customer I insert a link to product detail page (that has add to cart button) to user table, then this link is displayed with recordset at profile page.The link looks like this products_Detail.php?ProductID=3. How do I make this record set a clickable link that goes to address that link text shows ?

If this is necessary I would like to purchase a ticket to solve all those issues and make my website work, please provide info how to do it.

Attached Files
downloadcenter.zip

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

your login page is a mess, there are 4 instances of the authenticate user behavior and there should only be 2.

the last 2 on the page at lines 94 - 130 ar not needed.

the session created by the login is named "SecurityAssist_UserID"

however, in the Store order summary, and all of the other pages, you re using the "UserID" session variable instead. change that to use the "SecurityAssist_UserID" session variable.

store the link path:
products_Detail.php?ProductID=3

in the table table, on the profile page, use the recordset binding for that column in an a tag:

php:
<a href="<?php echo($row_recordsetName['ColumnName']); ?>"><?php echo($row_recordsetName['ColumnName']); ?></a>

mpiasecki1437949

Working

Jason,
thank you for your help, now everything is working correctly. But have one more problem I do not see "show if" at server behavior>webassist>utilities. I read that this is a part of another extension look for BOSS but I can not find it on your website. I purchased dynamic suite should't this be a part of Security Assist ?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Currently the Utilities -> Show If behavior is only offered as part of Design Extender.

The is a security Assist Show region behavior that uses security assist access rules.

for the security assist show region behavior, go to WebAssist -> Security Assist -> Show Region

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...