close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Query on price and CS6 compatibility

Thread began 4/29/2012 1:28 pm by mrs | Last modified 5/01/2012 2:21 pm by Jason Byrnes | 3856 views | 10 replies |

mrs

Query on price and CS6 compatibility

Hi WA, this looks like a good move just as you did with design extender, but I am querying the price...

I have all extensions apart from image resizer and compared to the $40 upgrade price I paid for design extender (for which I also had all previous extensions), it seems $149 is quite a difference in price that I am being asked to pay for software that I already own; is this the correct amount I should be paying?

Also, CS6 is coming out in the next few weeks, do you know if your extensions are compatible?

Thanks.

Mat

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

We have tested and updated Design Extender and Data Bridge with CS6, so it should be ready to go when CS6 is released.

The difference in price between Data Bridge and Design Extender is that Design Extender was a pure consolidation without any real new features. Data Bridge has a completely enhanced DataAssist wizard that integrates File Upload, File Manager, Button Styler, Form Builder, and HTML Editor into the data assist wizard as well as adding saving presets and the ability to create the database table for you. The full version update of DataAssist included in this release is our justification for the $99 price increase, and once you try it I hope you'll agree it is well worth it for all the work we put in.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

mrs

Hi Ray, are you saying that data bridge should be $99 in total, or $99 more expensive than design extender?

I think I will get it, but in a few weeks or so... I'll wait until the few bugs have been ironed out.

dvan_zelst

I just posted the same question regarding the price of $149.99.

I think it is too much to ask as well. I own all extensions which i paid more the $500 for, i then upgraded the same extensions into design extender $39.99 just to have the same extensions (which i already paid) into one installer.
Now i was hoping that all other extensions which were not yet inside design extender would be added/upgraded over time. This way all extensions would become available in one extension. However now you come up with a mirror version of design extender which holds all the other extensions (which i also already own and paid for) and then ask a non fair price of $149.99 again.

Please think again. Also what will be next, a combination of design extender and data bridge into one extension for $299.99??

I hope WA will come with a decent upgrade price for this one. I really would like to pay for the effort the team is doing to improve but for a decent price (like design extender was just ok).

Ray BorduinWebAssist

We will not be combining Data Bridge and Design Extender. We will eventually be offering 4 extensions and the Super Suite in our store.

The four extensions:
Data Bridge
Design Extender
eCart
Free Tools

We will likely stop selling the individual extensions over time. We'll work on creating tutorials and demonstrating the value that Data Bridge represents even for someone upgrading. I understand not wanting to take the plunge without seeing the new features, so we'll work on that and I believe you'll see it has more value than cost.

Airfox

Originally Said By: Ray Borduin
  .... and once you try it I hope you'll agree it is well worth it for all the work we put in.  

If you offered a money back guarantee (just for super suite owners) I would be prepared to pay the $149 to try it.
Yes, I know its software, so you cant give us our money back.... but its mostly software that I already own, so what's the problem?

;)

Ray BorduinWebAssist

We have always offered a 15 day money back guarantee on our products. Give it a try and you have 15 days to evaluate your purchase.

Airfox

Then in that case I will give it a try.
The integration of it all is very appealing and being as Dreamweaver has been acting weird recently - frequently stops responding, I think a format and reinstall is due.

Christopher WestCommunity Expert

Surely you be waiting until Dreamweaver CS6 is released before you do a format and reinstall :)

Airfox

Funny you should mention that. I realised that's what I should have done, as the machine was starting up for the first time, after the windows installation.

D'oh!

...oh well, DW6 can wait till autumn now.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...