close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

PHP version for PowerStore

Thread began 1/29/2024 1:30 pm by Patrice | Last modified 1/30/2024 5:03 pm by Patrice | 93 views | 3 replies |

PatriceWebAssist

PHP version for PowerStore

I found this thread from 2023
https://webassist.com/forums/posts.php?id=46771
But no definitive explanations or how to update etc.

I have installed about 6 or more PStores over the years, but now down to 2 carts for a large client.
I am looking for input about php 7.4 and eventually 8.1 php upgrades when I have to move to a new dedicated server.

Looking for advice from anyone moving PowerStore from php 5.4 to at least 7.4 and if to 8.1, even better.

Thank you.

Sign in to reply to this post

PatriceWebAssist

Per my advice to everyone else, I am sharing the clients' links.
https://cts-forensics.com/
https://collaborative-testing.com

all cart links within the pages, ie,

https://www.collaborative-testing.com/cart/products_results.php?Search=1&ProductCategoryID[]=9

Mags

Hi Patrice, I've only ever set up one PowerStore site which it was a long time ago and the site doesn't exist any more, however from memory it uses the same setup and files as building a cart from scratch using eCart. I have one eCart site which I've recently upgraded to PHP8.2 with very few issues. If it's already on PHP7 then you shouldn't need to do very much at all, but if you're still on PHP5 then you will of course need to upgrade all the server behaviors to mySQLi before going any further.

My advice would be to clone the site onto a testing domain on your server if possible, make sure the testing domain is running the new PHP version, then go through the cloned site and check for anything that doesn't work, adding error reporting to the offending pages. Also use View Source in the browser as sometimes an error won't display, but you can see where the page stops loading in View Source. One issue I had was on the product detail page which was just showing a white screen and no errors - but when I went into View Source I could see it was the dynamically-generated meta description tag that wasn't working. Recoded that bit and the site was fine!

PatriceWebAssist

Thanks as always Mags!

Once I migrate those two sites from older Mac Pro (DW6) to Mac Studio (DW subscription), I'll dig into it. Page content is already on mysqli but still on 5.4 AND I haven't touched the cart yet.

More information: : May 22, 2021 (Version 5.0.1) POWERSTORE
My PS version earlier than this version. If the new version supports later php versions, an update might be the answer. However, I don't see any tutorials on how to go from 4.5 to 5.1, so if anyone has tackled this, please share your experience.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...