close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

How to Add Pages/Menu in SiteAssist Pro without overwriting edited pages.

Thread began 8/03/2009 5:38 pm by thomas380828 | Last modified 8/28/2009 2:44 pm by Eric Mittman | 5698 views | 9 replies |

thomas380828

How to Add Pages/Menu in SiteAssist Pro without overwriting edited pages.

Greetings,

I used the template in SiteAssist Pro the Theme being Media and the Style being Nautica.

I have to add additional pages and the navigation to reflect those pages.

When I pull up Modify SiteAssit Professional Site in DW I see the original template that I started with.

My concern is if I go through the process of adding additional pages in the Wizard and save it will it overwrite all my modifications that I have made with the original template data?

Thanks for reading and I look forward to your answer.

All the best,

Thomas

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

You can edit your existing SiteAssist site and add to the navigation without it overwriting your changes and customizations. I have just tried this myself to confirm the results. Just modify your existing SiteAssist site and in step 3 you can add in the additional pages.

To be sure that you don't break anything make sure to create a backup of your current SiteAssist site first, just in case.

thomas380828

Great!

Eric,

Thanks so much. Made the backup, opened up SiteAssist and made the modifications. Menu items and pages added without effecting images and CSS on the other pages.

One thing changed. Any adjustments to the CSS of the Menu Style is overwritten. I had altered the font size, width and placement of the menu title which is not that big of a deal to change back.

Thanks for your help, most appreciated!

All the best,

Thomas

Eric Mittman

For the menu css adjustments you should be able to copy over you menu.css file from CSSMenuWriter > cssmw_content. This should transfer your styles over, if you add these to the siteassistpro_css > mystyles.css file they should be retained even if you make an update to the site.

richard.jensen298494

I did that, but...

Originally Said By: Eric Mittman
  You can edit your existing SiteAssist site and add to the navigation without it overwriting your changes and customizations. I have just tried this myself to confirm the results. Just modify your existing SiteAssist site and in step 3 you can add in the additional pages.

To be sure that you don't break anything make sure to create a backup of your current SiteAssist site first, just in case.  

Hi!
I editet one or two pages in my existing SiteAssist site and it changed all my pictures and texts back to "default" - that seems to be pure latin. I used the menu saying "Modify SiteAssist..." Is there another way?

Kindly
Richard Jensen

Eric Mittman

What is the version of SiteAssist Pro you are using and what steps did you take when you edited your existing site? It should not rewrite the pages in the site, all changes made in the editable regions should be retained. Please post back with this info so that we can look into this further.

lrawlins367093

Doesn't work for me either...

When I go into Modify Site and make the changes the whole thing gets fouled up beyond repair and I have to restore from backup.

I have tried this several times and it always wrecks the site.

I have also tried all the options on step 5 of 5 but the outcome is always a train wreck.

What next?

Thanks

Eric Mittman

What is the version of SiteAssist Pro you are using and what steps did you take when you edited your existing site? I know this is the same line from the previous post but without this info it will be difficult to help determine what may be going wrong. Any data or changes that you have made in the editable regions should be retained when you modify the site with the wizard.

lrawlins367093

SiteAssist Pro version 1.0.6

I am using SiteAssist Pro 1.0.6.

I started with an existing site and created new new site using SiteAssist Pro. I simply do not remember which site settings I started with, but the layout is Texture and the design is Slate.

After much work I moved the old data to new pages as structured in the SAP control panel. As we all know when you finish a project you start to see a few things to be fixed.

I went to the Modify site and made the edits and made my changes on steps 3 and 4. When I commit to the changes and the screens stop twitching everything is messed up. I have tried it with all three options on step 5 all with the same results. All I want to do is change a couple of typos on the menus and delete two items from the footer of the pages.

Using CSS Menu Writer 2.02 the pages seem OK, but it places a new drop down menu at the top of the page.

What am I doing wrong and how can I manage this little bit of editing without witnessing a train wreck every time I try it?

Thanks,

Eric Mittman

I have opened a ticket for on this issue. Please login to WebAssist.com and visit your support history to update the ticket. I have requested some files for you so that I can try to reproduce the issue with your own files as I was not having any luck in getting this result with my files.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...