close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Problem reentering wizard with CSS Menu writer

Thread began 10/23/2009 3:40 pm by martin391109 | Last modified 6/22/2010 3:33 pm by Eric Mittman | 2428 views | 7 replies |

martin391109

Problem reentering wizard with CSS Menu writer

Hello,

i'm working on a Mac with Dreamweaver Cs3. I have created a dreamveaver template and have also insert a menu made with CSS MW but i cant reenter, cant find anyway to enter the wizard??

Sign in to reply to this post

anonymous

Once the menu is created, if you select the menu in your page, the properties box should contain the button necessary to edit your menu. You also may need to check that invisible elements are turned on.

Are you not seeing the buttons in the properties dialogue?

Cheers,

Brian

phillipeskew390811

I'm having a similar problem

I'm having the same problem but I'm on a pc with CS4 I do not see the edit button.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Have you enabled the script invisible element in the Dreamweaver properties panel?

Go to Edit -> Preferences. Select the Invisible Elements category and check "Scripts", then click OK.

Next to the menu on your page, you should see a new shield icon representing a script. Select that shield icon and the edit button should show in the properties inspector.

steve405550

Cannot Reenter the wizard

I am using CS4 on a Mac. I've enable the option to view invisible elements (scripts). I still do not see any buttons in the property inspector to edit the menu

Eric Mittman

There is one more place you should check, in the View > Visual Aids make sure that invisible elements is checked. This should let you see the small shield like icon for Menu Writer. If you click on it you should have the option to edit the menu, contents, or theme. Remember that editing the menu will only make changes to the preset, you need to either edit the contents or the theme to effect the menu that is on the page.

kathy.bankston359922

I am having this issue this morning. I have checked that both items were enabled. As a side note I have another site using the menu writer so I opened it up and can see the script button on that site. So this is specifically related to this particular Dreamweaver template. Any suggestions?

Eric Mittman

Please post back with the template in question along with your CSSMenuWriter folder so that I can take a look. If you are able to see this in the property inspector for other menus then there is probably just something that is a little off about this menu. Have you made an customizations or changes to the menu that was applied to the page?

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...