close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Form Builder not complete... HELP!

Thread began 10/15/2009 12:44 pm by scorpio54378638 | Last modified 10/16/2009 5:10 pm by Eric Mittman | 2120 views | 5 replies |

scorpio54378638

Form Builder not complete... HELP!

I purchased this so I would not have to learn PHP or the processes.

Yes! I am a newbe that is why I came here for this product.

Yes - This builds the form... Now What?
(as I said, I am a newbe. assume I know nothing)

- How do I set up an email account to send to?
- What do I have to do after form is made? FAQs PDF doesn't say
- I expected to build the form fill in the email address and upload it and it works...

So far it doesn't do what it claims, is there some missing instructions I need after the form is made?

Please Help

Sign in to reply to this post

anonymous

When you say "How do I set up en email account", do you mean how do you process the form so it sends to an email? If that is the case, you need to use a tool such as WebAssist's Universal Email to collect the form's data and send it. There are other tools out there that you could use from other providers or you could even hand code the process part.

Not sure what you mean by, "So far it doesn't do what it claims, is there some missing instructions I need after the form is made?" It is called Form Builder and it builds forms and allows you to stylize the forms while adding validations, captcha, and other security measures; all faster than what you could do if you tried to the build a new form from scratch (and even allows you to save presets for faster creation going forward). So far, my experience with the product is that does exactly what is stated on the WebAssist site at css-form-builder/

Best regards.

Brian

Office Guy-172461

Originally Said By: scorpio54378638
  So far it doesn't do what it claims, is there some missing instructions I need after the form is made?  

Just to be sure, have you already downloaded everything from:
Support Resources
In your download area?

moxilla391209

glad I read this

I am also a newbie and wonder if this would get my going being able to get my forms functional but now worry that I would be just throwing money away…

scorpio54378638

Universal Email

I will give universal email a try, I just need to know what to do next after the form was generated for it to work. In the past I used spry forms and a PHP code for it to work on most servers. Only thing was it is not secure at all.

Eric Mittman

In order to make the form secure you should be applying the validations from within the Form Builder wizard.

CSS Form Builder will create the forms for you but does not add in the email functionality. This is handled by our Universal Email tool. You can just apply it directly onto the page that the form is on. When configuring it you can just use the lightning bolt icons to select the form elements that those values should come from, like the 'to' email address. There is a bit more info on setting up Universal Email and configuring the server behavior on the Universal Email support page.

universal-email/

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...