close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Pricey ToolKit Extension,

Thread began 9/29/2009 3:56 pm by Reynold | Last modified 10/04/2009 12:13 pm by Reynold | 3753 views | 10 replies |

Reynold

Pricey ToolKit Extension,

Hello,

Your DATAassist 2 is expensive, it is afterall an extension and not the price of dreamweaver. Also, where are your videos to this? Your promotion video stops and says or shows no more, how about a full video. For US$200, you must have got out of touch with dreamweaver users. Perhaps, you have mixed up with pricing it for big businesses. I would like to see what US$200 can do, but without your videos I am not convinced.

I look forward to hearing from you. Dreameaver upgrades are only US$399. For this it is a full bodied software.

Sign in to reply to this post

anonymous

Did you click "extensions" on the site? Check that out and you can choose from two categories neatly listed as either web design or web development based on which kind of extension you want more information on.

Data Assist is under Web Development... just click on it... all the feature tours are there as well as much more information.

As far as WebAssist's pricing goes, you have to make the decision based on what value the tool is for you. If you're doing a lot of Data driven applications and this tool enables you to get them done in a more timely manner, than $200 is a marginal expense. If that cost seems high, than you're probably not doing enough web work to warrant it.

You could also look at the subscription program - get it and lease the tools for say, a year, and by then you'll know whether you want to continue leasing or even buy outright licenses for them.

Best regards,

Brian

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

The DataAssist Support page has all of the documentation that is available for DataAssist from How To's to Solution recipes:
dataassist/

p_bywater389214

Originally Said By: Reynold
  Hello,

Your DATAassist 2 is expensive, it is afterall an extension and not the price of dreamweaver. Also, where are your videos to this?

I look forward to hearing from you. Dreameaver upgrades are only US$399. For this it is a full bodied software.  

Market size and demand drive product prices. WebAssist extension sales will only be a tiny fraction of dreamweaver sales.
If 50,000 people buy dreamweaver then adobe can make a profit charging small amounts. If only 100 people buy data assist then of course the price must be higher to cover development costs.

You can subscribe for a fairly low monthly amount and get all the extensions if you want.

Reynold

Dataassist 2

Hello All,

Thank you for the replies. My main grumble is your lack of video support. But, Jason has fixed my initial doubts. Come on sales people, you arent doing justice here! lol. The tool is pricey without the video support. I think if you promote more on how to use the tool, you will get more attention. It might be an IT solution, but what is the solution for .... You put in the same effort selling the US$99 products as the US$199.

I will look at the links and videos and make a decision if I am earning enough to purchase your solution. I always buy my tools so the idea of leasing it (huh?) ( ....leasing ? you should have something to show for it but this is not leasing, besides if it was leasing, I should own it at the end of the day - thats how the tax on leasing works over here. It is subscription and at the end of the day you dont own it). Anyway, personally, I think you should tell me how good this tool is by demonstrating it, it is not coming across to me! Maybe, it is lost almongst your webpages!

The other thing, your sales person, Laura S, didnt know here products well enough, she didnt show me the videos like Jason did. Also, she was rude (lack of customer service skills)

I will buy this when I know abit more.

Thanks for the replies.

p_bywater389214

Reynold, no offense but your criticisms and moaning is unreasonable IMO. The information on this site makes it pretty clear what the extensions do. If the prices arent to your liking just don't buy them, but after ADDT there is no real alternative.

the subscription/leasing system is a fairly simple concept. You lease the tools like you would lease a van or apartment. There is no reason you would own anything after that period.
You can claim the subscription costs as an expense on your tax returns here in the UK, just like you can claim office or phone line costs.

Reynold

Why do you delete my comments? Or its not you but someone who is not democractic, meaning you do not allow opposing views - I thought America does not have these kinds of people!

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I deleted your previous posts because they were inflamitory and have no place on this forum.

You are welcome to voice your views without calling out other members or making insulting remarks. This forum is where people go to find help and they don't need to read personal attacks on anyone.

If you refrain from calling others names I'll refrain from deleting your posts. Everyone has a right to post what they feel without personal attacks.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Reynold

Well well, you arent being unfair!!!

Show my post and lets see if there were inflammatory! To delete is being undemocratic and not America I know. In fact, quote me!

Phil, insulted my views, I pointed out that your products needed demonstration. He impose his and distracted from my original argument for better product demonstration. You can list everything on the web page about your product. Still, it will not be clear until you have a product demonstration.

You are bais if you delete my post and it is not in the spirit of a forum. You lost the argument and distort my contributions. For sure, you have distorted my contributions! I was commenting on your company's product.

Phil distored my argument, when you deleted my comment about Phil's you denied me the right of reply. I asked Phil to get a life and butt out of my comments. It is a fair comment from me. Its not inflammatory!

Unless you liked phil's comment "If the prices arent to your liking just don't buy them, but after ADDT there is no real alternative." and not mind! "Get a life! Butt out of my comments!"

Extensions of yours might be a fraction of the sales of Dreamweaver, nevertheless it is not a full bodied software, it is only an extension. The more you can make it available to Dreamweaver users the more you will sell. Since you are the VP, right, but I am the customer.

If you want to sell it at US$200, I am cool with it. However, I am pointing out a big hole in your promoting of this extension. I could not find the videos, and I think it is not available on the front pages until you get into here, and ask. Correct me if i am wrong!

Okay, Ray! When you deleted my post and you justified your actions that I was being inflammatory, I was not. If you feel emotional about it, demonstrate how have I been inflammatory. Quote me!

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I think there is a big difference between "if the prices aren't to your liking, don't buy them" and your response of "get a life". You also called users names such as your original title: "You are a coward"... and even "butt out" is not constructive since we want to encourage user participation and voicing of opinions. The thread was started with the topic of the price of the extension. His posts seem on that topic, where you clearly digressed to personal attacks and bullying.

These comments added nothing to the legitimate discussion of any webassist shortcomings, yet alone the topic at hand, and seemed to be solely pointed to a user that offered an opinion you disagreed with. He seemed careful not to offend by starting with "No offense, but" and ending with IMHO. Users are entitled to an opinion.

I've actually never had to delete a user post before. Usually I can simply respond and give a counter-point, but your discussion had digressed to such a level that I felt it was impossible to retort without only inflaming the discussion more. Really I'd rather not continue discussing this at all, since it clearly won't be beneficial for anyone else reading it. If you would like to complain in a private forum where others can't offer thier insight, please email or call me directly. I'd love the opportunity to understand your perspective and analyze how we can improve as a company.

I've read through all of your posts and you are certainly opinionated and seem to regularly find opportunity to complain. I think by leaving all of the rest of your posts we have demonstrated that we don't edit out posts simply because they misrepresent Webassist products. I have left all of those posts which demonstrate your negative opinions and complains. Just refrain from calling people names or telling them to leave and we will respect your ability to voice your opinion... as anyone could see by reading your other posts.

I see that the only product you have purchased is Form Builder. It is our newest product. It is a v1, and admittedly will improve and get more documentation produced for it over time. Your suggestions to improve documentation and how to improve the product are welcomed.

This is not a forum for settling personal conflict but for helping our customers understand and be successful. It is also a good way for us to judge user response and voice complaints so that we can improve in the future, which is how you seem to be using it very effectively. We thank you for that, but let's try to keep on topic and professional so we can all get along.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...