close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Error in eCart when I press Same As or either shipping dropdown selection - fixes if I refresh page

Thread began 4/04/2018 1:11 pm by graham | Last modified 4/24/2018 10:43 am by Ray Borduin | 2167 views | 16 replies |

graham

Error in eCart when I press Same As or either shipping dropdown selection - fixes if I refresh page

Hi Ray ... probably simple, but on the checkout.php page,when I press "Same as billing" or make a selection is either State or Country dropdown, the confirm_cart preview is replaced with the content from my error_redirect.php page until I hit page refresh in my browser ... then everything seems to flow okay (?) I have searched the boards for info, finding discussions about ajax_wrapper.php and such, but nothing jumps out. I am testing my work in a password protected folder on my live site (which hasn't seemed to affect any testing so far, but I can't pass any test purchases through to Paypal at this time). I am sure you can't diagnose this from my description, so I will PM my log in info in case you have a moment to take a look online. Thanks as always!

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I'd need FTP access to debug it. It has to be something wrong with the code on the confirm_cart.php page, but without direct access to that page I couldn't determine what exactly.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

graham

PM

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Some edits that were made to the server validation on the confirm-cart.php page were preventing the AJAX code that updates the cart to show shipping costs from working properly.

I was able to make adjustments to fix this issue. Please download the confirm_cart.php page as well as the file: webassist/ecart/checkout/js/paymentoptions.js

graham

Ray, thank you so much ... I never take your assistance for granted, and ask for help only as a last resort. For the years I have been using my Webassist components, you have always managed to juggle in free advice for so many of us - endless kudos!

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I appreciate your appreciation ;)

graham

Hi, Ray ... you were helping me on another thread with an issue that required me to run the eCart Checkout Wizard again to remedy some store to database issues ... but, the above issue returned afterwards. I looked through the copies of the confirm_page.php and paymentoptions.js to see if I could spot what you fixed, but no luck. Would you be able to take another look? Sorry for the bother.

UPDATE: The problem doesn't include the SameAs issue, given that I ran the wizard for Express Checkout only, but it does activate whenever an ajax event triggers on the checkout.php page ??

Ray BorduinWebAssist

What are the steps I can use to reproduce the current problem? I'll take a look and see what the correct fix is.

graham

I will PM the FTP and file protect in case you don't still have them on your thread.

The issue occurs when I put any item into the cart and proceed through to checkout.php. As I ran only Express, the Shipping & Billing info is now only Shipping ... trigger any ajax and the confirm_cart.php inset defaults to an error state as before. If I refresh the page, it fixes.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I re-uploaded the pages that I had changed in the last post and that seems to have fixed it.

Please download the confirm_cart.php page as well as the file: webassist/ecart/checkout/js/paymentoptions.js

Save a backup of those files in case you make changes and need to restore them.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...