close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Detail page returns the same item no matter which link is clicked from Master page list

Thread began 2/09/2016 12:09 pm by tmcbinc99963 | Last modified 2/17/2016 11:18 am by Ray Borduin | 1568 views | 6 replies |

tmcbinc99963

Detail page returns the same item no matter which link is clicked from Master page list

I've created a Tab menu that shows recordset items in the Tab Panel when each Tab is clicked. Haven't been able to successfully create a link on the Tab Panel items that will return unique results on a detail page. The detail page returns the same item no mater which panel item is clicked.

I'm using Jason's Web Development Tutorial - Getting started with MySQL and dynamic websites, and tried many different configurations with the same result.

Once this is worked out, I'll be using Data Bridge for the rest of the site. Ray told me recently that DB couldn't be used in Tab menus. Can't I create a master page inside of each tab panel using Data Bridge, or is this overkill?

Though the website is attached, the pages in question are Products2.php and Prod2Detail.php

Thanks

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I never told you DB couldn't be used in tab menus. I'm sure it can be used in tab menus, we just don't offer a tab menu solution directly through our tools.

You could probably create a master page for your tables inside Data Bridge and then use Framework Plugins to add them into your tabbed menus.

You didn't attach any pages, but I don't think that would effect my answer.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

tmcbinc99963

Sorry, I misunderstood. Will try the Data Bridge solution.

tmcbinc99963

I'm using Repeating Table to show the records, but this doesn't provide a solution to the original problem - create links for each item on the list that will provide a matching record on the detail page. I've tried using your tutorial, but can't get it to work and can't find a solution for this within DataBridge.

Trying to attached files, but not working. It acts like it's attaching the files, but then just sits there. When I click Done, there are no files attached.

Thanks

Ray BorduinWebAssist

In Data Bridge have the wizard create a Results and Details page and the links will be created for you.

I'm not sure why attaching files wouldn't work for you. Links just need to pass a URL parameter and then the details page that it links to has to filter the recordset based on that URL parameter.

Maybe try creating a .zip file before attaching.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

tmcbinc99963

Will try that, thanks.

BTW, I tried attaching a zip file, but no luck. Will send files later if needed.

tmcbinc99963

The error was fixed by trashing and recreating the recordset - it had gotten corrupted.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...