close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Add email account password to form

Thread began 12/02/2015 8:54 am by Paul | Last modified 12/04/2015 8:14 pm by Ray Borduin | 1448 views | 6 replies |

Paul

Add email account password to form

The form I have created works, as long as the "to" email is not within the same domain of the "send". After dealing with Rackspace, I feel that the issue might be that I need to add the "Include from" email address AND password to the form.

Where would I enter that information?

I have included the file, if needed.

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I'm not sure what you mean by "Include from" email address AND password.

I'm also not sure why it would matter if the to and from were from the same domain? So if you change the from to a different domain it will send? Perhaps you just need to register the FROM address so that it is a working email address.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Paul

In the UE2 server behavior, if you go into the "Mail Object Settings", there is a check mark for the Include from address using additional parameters. I assumed this would be if the emails are not going through and required the senders email address and password?

I have used the same domain for the "from" and the "to", but they do not get received. If I change the "to" to another email address on an external domain, they arrive.

I read another posting here from Jason that made reference to some email services not liking if both sender and recipient are on the same domain. That made sense to me because the client is not receiving the form on his own domain, but I am receiving it if I use my email address which is separate from theirs.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I think it doesn't work if you use the same from an to domain if one of the two aren't valid, but should work in general. Make sure both the from and to domains are set to a valid email address registered with the domain email provider and they should go through.

The settings include the "Reply to address", which can be set separately from the from address. The additional parameters aren't necessary for you since it works in some cases, that isn't the problem in your case.

If you need to send authenticated email with username and password, then you have to change to PEAR mail.

Paul

The email address they originally wanted it to go to was an alias. Contactus@... Could that be the problem?

Right now, even using 2 different, but valid email address in the same domain, it is not being received.

So I'm still at a loss. If I send it outside their domain, it is received.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

It is probably a spam filter in the email server.

The email server sees a message coming to it that claims it comes from it, but the SMTP server knows it didn't send the email, so it is rejecting it as spam.

You may be able to ask your server administrator to adjust the SMTP sever settings to allow the emails to be delivered.

Paul

Ray,

Thank you for all your follow-up help. The problem is fixed and it turned out to be a GoDaddy situation. The website is hosted with Godaddy and the email is with Rackspace. This would need to change in any website on godaddy that is using an outside source for email.

In Godaddy's CPanel, under the Email section, you select the MX Entry and change the Local Mail Exchanger setting to Remote Mail Exchanger. This allows GoDaddy to send email on a form through a Remote system.

Just in case anyone else has this issue...

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...