close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Dreamweaver CS6 and form builder

Thread began 5/17/2012 4:47 pm by Dave W | Last modified 7/03/2012 1:12 pm by Jason Byrnes | 8475 views | 19 replies |

Dave W

Dreamweaver CS6 and form builder

I have just purchased Dreamweaver CS6 and installed all of the extensions I have purchased from you. Most of them seem to still work OK in the new Dreamweaver, except that on starting Dreamweaver CS6 I am getting the following js error:
'At line 390 of file
"C:\Users\Dave\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\DreamweaverCS6\en_US\Configeration\shared\WebAssist\FormBuilder\Libraray\WA_Configeration.js"
toCheck has no properties'

I have uninstalled Form Tool Kit, CSS Form Builder, HTMLEditor3 and Security Assist 2 and reinstalled them as per the instuctions on your site, deleted the cache file and restarted Dreamweaver but am still getting the same js error.
Is this something you need to look into with the introduction of CS6? and if so is there a work around?
The form builder, html editor and security assist still seem to work OK (though I haven't fully used them, just opened them), but the js error is a bit of a worry.
Can you help?

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

CSS Form Builder has not been updated for compatibly with DW CS6.

At this time, the only extensions we have that are compatible with DW CS6 are Design Extender, Data Bridge and eCart 5.

If you need to use CSS Form builder in DW CS6, I would strongly urge you to upgrade to data Bridge which includes form builder and other extensions.

we will be evaluating the stand alone extensions in the coming months for compatibility but with 30 extensions, it will take some time to go through them all.

Dave W

More expese

So, after buying ALL of your extensions, I now have to pay out another £126 for Design Extender AND another £126 for Data Bridge to get the extensions I have already paid hundreds of pounds for to work in CS6, or wait months for you to (maybe) update them and not be able to use them in the meantime??

Come on get your house in order, Dreamweaver CS6 has been available in beta for months. Start thinking about customers who have already spent a lot of money with you and NOT forcing them to pay out again for the SAME extensions.
You must have more customers with the original extensions than your packaged extensions, so to keep them I would suggest your updates for CS6 should be concentrated on them!!

As you can probably guess, I am not very pleased with this situation and WON'T be paying for your upgrades to Bridge and Extender and will probably think twice before buying any more extensions from you!

Ian S

To be fair, WA do a great job in providing the updates for free.

They are under no obligation to provide free updates just so that they work with a new release of Dreamweaver. You purchased the extensions in the knowledge that they worked with your current version of Dreamweaver. Of course its in WA's best interests to make sure they work with the current version for future sales but we are fortunate that their policy is that as an owner of the extension that we purchased for a previous version of Dreamweaver we get the update for free.

I can understand your frustration, Dave, being an early adopter of CS6. I've purchased the upgrade and installed it on my test machine but there is no way on this earth I would install it on my main bread earning machine for at least 6 months, or until I was confident that my day to day business would go uninterrupted.

Cheers
Ian

Dave W

Hi Ian,
I appreciate what you are saying and normally they do a very good job with updates.

I do seem to remember when I first started purchasing WA's extensions that they offered free upgrades for life (one of my reasons for coming to them in the first place), which seems to have disappeared off their site now!?

Just to clarify, I am not stupid enough to think that CS6 would work with everything straight out of the box and am still running CS5 alongside CS6 to resolve any problems that I encounter with CS6.
I just feel that WA, being an Adobe trusted partner would have had a lot of time before the release of CS6 to bring more of their extensions up to date.
They do seem to prioritise their larger (and more expensive) extensions, which to be honest, even developers like you and me (who could probably afford it, at a pinch) would find it an unjustifiable expense to upgrade to these multiple extensions having already purchased them individually.

I feel that their upgrade policy ($200/£126) considering that it would only include possibly one extension more than I already have (and probably didn't want otherwise I would have purchased it) is a bit excessive. Perhaps they should look at upgrades on an individual basis per customer, I know this would be time consuming, but it would probably save a lot of these comments in the forum, (and there are lots concerning CS6 in most of the extension forums on this site) and keep their customers happy.

Don't take me wrong, even though in my last post I said I probably wouldn't buy any more of their extensions, I probably will, if I need them, mainly because they do save valuable developing time. I used to write the code to do most of these things myself before I found WA, but as I say, time is everything in development now and to be able to cut that down means I don't have to charge my clients as much :-)

tlafleur8429937Beta Tester

Upgrading Extensions

I have been using WA for a long time and have purchase many extensions from WA, I could not afford to purchase the extension again at full price, I understand that labor will have to go into updating the extensions for the current version of Dreamweaver CS6, which I have purchase yesterday and understand it will take sometime to get the bugs out. I should hope WA update their extensions and keep in mind that everyone works on a budget and I don't mind if I have to pay a small amount for the large extensions to upgrade the extension, but full retail to upgrade the extension is out the question. If a small amount of labor can fix the extension, I that WA should upgrade their extension at no cost.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Dreamweaver CS6 has been available in beta for months.  

We do not do any development while Dreamweaver is in beta. In the past we have tried that only to see weeks of development time wasted by a small change made just before release.

the upgrade pricing for Design Extender or Data Bridge will vary based on the extensions that have previously purchased. The upgrade price will deduct the amount you have spent on other extension up to 50%. you should contact our sales department for information on upgrade pricing.

codamedia

Originally Said By: Jason Byrnes
  The upgrade pricing for Design Extender or Data Bridge will vary based on the extensions that have previously purchased. The upgrade price will deduct the amount you have spent on other extension up to 50%. you should contact our sales department for information on upgrade pricing.  

Jason: I fully understand what you are saying - however, you need to see it from "many of our" perspectives.

1: You re-packed your extentions, and will only be supporting (updating) these new ones. These are not NEW versions of the extentions, they are just the old ones re-packaged.
2: WE don't own all the extentions in the "re-package", because to some of us NOT ALL ARE NEEDED! We will NEVER use them.
3: Therefore - in order to get future support on a version of a product we already own, we are being FORCED into buying products we don't want.

It is becoming very clear that you are just finding new ways to make money on old products. You really should support the current product line - no matter what package it belongs to!

Ian S

3: Therefore - in order to get future support on a version of a product we already own, we are being FORCED into buying products we don't want.

Not really I don't think no. Or at least not the way I see it.

When I buy an extension from WA, I buy it in the knowledge that it works with the current version of Dreamweaver I own. That is a given.

The GOOD thing about WA is that when Adobe release an overpriced upgraded to their CS range that WA will more often than not offer a free upgrade to the product that I purchased to work with a previous upgrade. If only Adobe would offer free upgrades to their products aswell eh! Plus, to be honest, why would any developer want to upgrade to CS6 the minute it came out? Seriously!

I for am and finding that the collaborated extensions are much better to use. I don't use the wizards but it sounds like they work much better together with all the extensions aswell.

Sure, if we want WA to go out of business then we should expect them to keep developing improvements and fixes for for free but I sure as hell am happy to pay the relatively small asking price for something that in the long term will pay for itself time and time over (if not in the first job!)

I liken it to a client of mine who had a site built two years ago. Their server just got upgraded to the latest version of PHP and some of the functions that had been used in the code were deprecated. With no maintenance contract in place would you guys really spend hours sorting that out for free?

Cheers
Ian

PatriceWebAssist

Originally Said By: Ian S

Not really I don't think no. Or at least not the way I see it.

When I buy an extension from WA, I buy it in the knowledge that it works with the current version of Dreamweaver I own. That is a given.

The GOOD thing about WA is that when Adobe release an overpriced upgraded to their CS range that WA will more often than not offer a free upgrade to the product that I purchased to work with a previous upgrade. If only Adobe would offer free upgrades to their products aswell eh! Plus, to be honest, why would any developer want to upgrade to CS6 the minute it came out? Seriously!

I for am and finding that the collaborated extensions are much better to use. I don't use the wizards but it sounds like they work much better together with all the extensions aswell.

Sure, if we want WA to go out of business then we should expect them to keep developing improvements and fixes for for free but I sure as hell am happy to pay the relatively small asking price for something that in the long term will pay for itself time and time over (if not in the first job!)

I liken it to a client of mine who had a site built two years ago. Their server just got upgraded to the latest version of PHP and some of the functions that had been used in the code were deprecated. With no maintenance contract in place would you guys really spend hours sorting that out for free?

Cheers
Ian  

Ian I agree with all of what you have said. WA needs to make a profit, don't we all?

But then: "When I buy an extension from WA, I buy it in the knowledge that it works with the current version of Dreamweaver I own."

And these last upgrades have not worked with Mac CS6. But I am being patient; I know Ray et al will deliver, but frankly, I've lost at least a week of work waiting, so I'm frustrated now.

So here's hoping we see a Mac upgrade very shortly. Fingers crossed...

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...