close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Dreamweaver CS6 and form builder

Thread began 5/17/2012 4:47 pm by Dave W | Last modified 7/03/2012 1:12 pm by Dave W | 8473 views | 19 replies

PatriceWebAssist

Originally Said By: Ian S
  3: Therefore - in order to get future support on a version of a product we already own, we are being FORCED into buying products we don't want.

Not really I don't think no. Or at least not the way I see it.

When I buy an extension from WA, I buy it in the knowledge that it works with the current version of Dreamweaver I own. That is a given.

The GOOD thing about WA is that when Adobe release an overpriced upgraded to their CS range that WA will more often than not offer a free upgrade to the product that I purchased to work with a previous upgrade. If only Adobe would offer free upgrades to their products aswell eh! Plus, to be honest, why would any developer want to upgrade to CS6 the minute it came out? Seriously!

I for am and finding that the collaborated extensions are much better to use. I don't use the wizards but it sounds like they work much better together with all the extensions aswell.

Sure, if we want WA to go out of business then we should expect them to keep developing improvements and fixes for for free but I sure as hell am happy to pay the relatively small asking price for something that in the long term will pay for itself time and time over (if not in the first job!)

I liken it to a client of mine who had a site built two years ago. Their server just got upgraded to the latest version of PHP and some of the functions that had been used in the code were deprecated. With no maintenance contract in place would you guys really spend hours sorting that out for free?

Cheers
Ian  

Ian I agree with all of what you have said. WA needs to make a profit, don't we all?

But then: "When I buy an extension from WA, I buy it in the knowledge that it works with the current version of Dreamweaver I own."

And these last upgrades have not worked with Mac CS6. But I am being patient; I know Ray et al will deliver, but frankly, I've lost at least a week of work waiting, so I'm frustrated now.

So here's hoping we see a Mac upgrade very shortly. Fingers crossed...

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...