close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Dreamweaver CS6 and form builder

Thread began 5/17/2012 4:47 pm by Dave W | Last modified 7/03/2012 1:12 pm by Dave W | 8477 views | 19 replies

Dave W

Hi Ian,
I appreciate what you are saying and normally they do a very good job with updates.

I do seem to remember when I first started purchasing WA's extensions that they offered free upgrades for life (one of my reasons for coming to them in the first place), which seems to have disappeared off their site now!?

Just to clarify, I am not stupid enough to think that CS6 would work with everything straight out of the box and am still running CS5 alongside CS6 to resolve any problems that I encounter with CS6.
I just feel that WA, being an Adobe trusted partner would have had a lot of time before the release of CS6 to bring more of their extensions up to date.
They do seem to prioritise their larger (and more expensive) extensions, which to be honest, even developers like you and me (who could probably afford it, at a pinch) would find it an unjustifiable expense to upgrade to these multiple extensions having already purchased them individually.

I feel that their upgrade policy ($200/£126) considering that it would only include possibly one extension more than I already have (and probably didn't want otherwise I would have purchased it) is a bit excessive. Perhaps they should look at upgrades on an individual basis per customer, I know this would be time consuming, but it would probably save a lot of these comments in the forum, (and there are lots concerning CS6 in most of the extension forums on this site) and keep their customers happy.

Don't take me wrong, even though in my last post I said I probably wouldn't buy any more of their extensions, I probably will, if I need them, mainly because they do save valuable developing time. I used to write the code to do most of these things myself before I found WA, but as I say, time is everything in development now and to be able to cut that down means I don't have to charge my clients as much :-)

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...