close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Super Suite Upgrade Price too much?

Thread began 4/30/2012 5:22 am by dvan_zelst | Last modified 5/01/2012 1:32 pm by Ray Borduin | 4514 views | 24 replies |

dvan_zelst

Super Suite Upgrade Price too much?

Hi, i would like to know why for a Super Suite User to upgrade to have all the same extensions into one installer is so expensive $149.99?

Last time with Design extender it was the same however the price for Super Suite users was acceptable $39.99 and i like this all in one concept very much.

I really believe that $149.99 this time for exactly the same extensions, which i already paid $599.99 for, is too much.

Can you not come up with a more decent upgrade price for Super Suite Users?

Dave

Sign in to reply to this post

jamie424562

agree with this the extensions are identical, just because u add a new interface for some of the features which already exist.
Really after all the issues with these plugins you should be giving this away!
Lost countless hours having to reinstall these blimmin things just to have them working half the time!

roger177049

I agree totally.
I can understand a small upgrade fee but $150 is a little high if you already own all of them individually.
Unless they contain a newer version of datassist.

dvan_zelst

From the product page it seems they did some update of Data Assist, however from what i read the update does not sound like a major new release of DataAssist in functionality and all the new wizard functions still point to the same individual extensions like Universal Email, DigitalFile Pro etc etc.
Also if you look that DataAssist individual price is $199, even for a an upgrade of this extension $149.99 is too much in my opinion.

I really hope WA will reconsider their upgrade pricing for SS users as i really would like to purchase it, but for less then this.

dvan_zelst

Hi Mike,

You mention DA3, but i don't see any new release on DataAssist 3 nor does WA show any major upgrades from DA2.1.0 vs DA3.
If you go to the DataBridge they still refer to the manuals and video of DA2.1.0 as well.
Where did you find the information for DA3?

All i read is some update in the wizards to make all existing extensions more accesible. If i'm wrong then WA should correct this and make it more clear what the real major upgrades are according to DA3.

Just some interface upgrade does not count for a major new realease for which we should pay almost full price again $149.99 vs $199.99.

MikeH

Hi
I did see it mentioned by Ray somewhere but he also mentions that Data Bridge contains a Full version update of DA Im guessing thats DA3.

showthread.php?t=26162

Mike

dvan_zelst

I found the post saying:
"Data Bridge has a completely enhanced DataAssist wizard that integrates File Upload, File Manager, Button Styler, Form Builder, and HTML Editor into the data assist wizard as well as adding saving presets and the ability to create the database table for you."

But above does not sound like a new release in functionality, it only integrates the all exisiting extensions like Digitial File Pro, CSS Form Builder, Universal Email etc. into the DataAssist wizard. At least this is how i read it.
I'm not convinced about any major difference in functionality between DA2.1.0 and DA3 as it is called.

WA, please convince us about any major difference in functionality here for which the $149.99 should be reasonable. Again the fact that all extensions are integrated into one is really a plus but for that, like design extender, shoud not be asked more then design extender.

At this moment i'm not convinced it is worth to pay so much again nor does any manual or video show any difference (they all point to the same current versions).

I hope WA can either convince us or reduce the upgrade price!

MikeH

Id also like to know why it was offered at $99 yesterday..

Jaffa

I own all but 2 of the existing extensions and its $200.00 for an upgrade for me, can't see any new features contained within DataAssist from looking at the web site, apart from a new delete option, the rest of the extensions have a new GUI and been merged without any design enhancements. Pity I was looking forward to a powerful database module with similar features to ADDT. I may wait to see if Dreamweaver CS6 has extended their DB tools. Or at least for some advanced videos on what DataBridge is offereing.

MikeH

Well decided after watching videos and reading more of the new features I have took the plunge and first impressions are Im pleased I did it is definitly nicer to work with.

Got to admit one extension rather than 13 is worth somehting too. I think the time saving will probably counter act the price.

So off to eat some himble pie as I actually like this extension more now I have actually tried it.

Mike

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...