close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Editable META tags

Thread began 7/13/2011 4:12 am by YellowCircleWeb | Last modified 7/27/2011 6:06 am by Ray Borduin | 3408 views | 11 replies |

YellowCircleWeb

Editable META tags

I'm trying to update META tag content in Power CMS Builder, but my changes are not being saved.
I've followed the advice in this post: showthread.php?t=19080

Any help appreciated

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the changes are not being saved in the database?

or not showing on the pages?

if not showing on the pages, can you send a copy of page that is having the problem.

YellowCircleWeb

I just double checked and the values are not being saved in the database.

Here's what I am doing to try and update the META keywords tag:

1) I created a special content section in Power CMS builder called meta-keywords for the home page

2) I log in to the admin system and click on the page optimization link to enter the part of the system where you edit keywords and I can see the original test keyword ("test") that I entered - I can also see this in the database table when accessing the mySQL database through Navicat.

3) I type in new keywords and click the save button - the page loads, everything disappears in the main window of the CMS admin system apart from a big green save button. I've tried clicking this button again - nothing happens, so I click on the home page link in CMS admin menu and click on Page optimization at the top again and see the same 'test' keyword I originally entered. I have also checked this in the database via navicat and can confirm the contents of the database have not updated.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have created a support ticket so we can look into this issue further.

To view and edit your support ticket, please log into your support history:
supporthistory.php

If anyone else is experiencing this same issue, please append to this thread.

info271221

Title, Description, Keywords

I added fields of Title, Description and Keywords in the table and added a recordset to my page and bound those fields. I added form fields and updated the update page and update server behavior and my page is still not adding the title, description, keywords (and notes which is strictly for admin correspondence) I am attaching the update page and the page where the head tags should dynamically display. This is the page: _playGround.php

Attached Files
contents_update.zip

Ray BorduinWebAssist

You should not be adding a recordset and referencing it on the front end page.

You should just refer to the meta content in the same way that other cms content is referenced, for example:

<title><?php echo WA_getCMSContent($database_PowerCMSConnection, $PowerCMSConnection, 'Play Ground', 'meta-title'); ?></title>

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

info271221

Update Page

What about the update page and insert pages, are the fields I created on the update page OK? Or do I go to the display page and add the region there?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

You shouldn't have had to make any changes to the database or any pages. This is existing functionality that should just work.

You need to add the three areas in the cms admin: meta-keywords, meta-description, meta-title

Then you can reference them just like any other cms content.

info271221

Change Admin template to allow meta tags?

Do add the 4 fields to the admin template? Title, Description, Keywords and Notes - Add those fields to the admin template, correct?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Which admin template? I'm getting lost now. I'm not sure why the admin template would need to be updated, but maybe I'm missing something.

I think you would just add the content areas and then assign the content on the front end and wouldn't have to update admin pages at all... if you think you need to update the admin template I might be confused about what you are doing entirely.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...