close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Image upload HELP

Thread began 7/01/2011 4:03 am by Kumel | Last modified 7/11/2011 6:51 am by Jason Byrnes | 3029 views | 10 replies |

Kumel

Image upload HELP

I have a form page its like users logged in they upload there picture.. Nd i want the picture to be placed in a php page nd not in my folder. just like in FB when some1 uploads it becums dr profile picture o smthng like dat.. i want dat pict to be not just upload to a page but also sent to my mail.. is it possible ? PLEASE HELP ASAP

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Nd i want the picture to be placed in a php page nd not in my folder  

for the image to be displayed in a php page, it must be saved to a folder on your site. The uplaod must save the image to a folder on your site, and the file name must be stored in a database.

If this is for a user profile page, you need to add a column to your users table, then edit the update record behavior on the page to store the file name to that column.

see the "How to apply Digital File Pro to DataAssist Insert and Update pages" tutorial on the data assist support page for details:
dataassist/

i want dat pict to be not just upload to a page but also sent to my mail  

using universal email, you can send attachments by configuring the attachments field.

Kumel

the file name must be stored in a database. ?
How do we do dat?

I just have UE4.. Please help.. is it possible without data assist?
Its not possible for me to purchase it :(

Please help me .
i want the picture to be placed in a php page nd not in my folder. just like in FB when some1 uploads it becums dr profile picture o smthng like dat.. i want dat pict to be not just upload to a page but also sent to my mail

Lon WintersBeta Tester

Try to break down what you want to do in two separate steps. First, you want to upload the image and have it display on a page. As Jason said, the image must be uploaded to a folder on the server and the PHP page will link to that image when it's time to display it.

How does the page know where the image is and what the file name is? You store the filename in the database along with the other user information. Then on the user profile page, you insert an image placeholder and insert the path along with the recordset variable that represents the stored file name.

To also have the image emailed to you, inset the UE behavior to create an email. But this will not work at the same time with an image upload function on the same form. You have to make a small modification in one of the UE dialogs to get this to work. I can't remember exactly how to do this, but Jason did post the instructions in this forum - I may have been the one to ask the question, or at least I know I ccommemted in the thread. Do a search of this forum for uploading and attachments and you should findnit.

Kumel

K thnks abt that.. i got it how to upload da file to da server folder n etc.. nw can u temme hw to link it to my user's profile ? each user will have an profile page.. I have UE4 only.. k..

I have a form whr ppl upload thr pictures n it gets saved to a folder.. all users will have different folders to save thr picts.. i knw hw to do dat.. nd nw i wanna knw how to make those picts get displayed in thr php profile page..? i want it to be displayed in thr profile page.. I have a design made but i donno how profile page for every user works.. so can ny1 help me in knowing to create profile page using php.. I cant spend much by buying nythng other dan UE4. anywys i already have it..
N in user's profile page i want thr pictures to be shown to dat user's onli in thr profile page..

THINGS I WANNA KNOW ARE-
1-how to give each user_id an user profile page. (ex. profile.php?id=number watevr thr user_id no is..
2-how to make da pict display in profile page using php code.
3- i want user to be able to view it n also download that pict only by dat user.

THINGS I HAVE ARE-
1- database with registration. login. logout, forgot password, change password . etc etc.
2- databse name is localdata, table name is users
3- under user table thr r following things.. ie
user_id
first_name
last_name
email
pass
user_level
active
registration_date............. THAT ALL..

NOW PLEASE HELP ME :(

Kumel

I have made da images upload by users to get it uploaded to a folder n etc etc..

Its like Picture which they upload gets saved on user_id..whne upload is done images get saved in folder like this
``upload images/<?php echo $_SESSION['user_id']; ?>/<?php echo $_SESSION['user_id']; ?>``

file is saved as in user_id number itself

So wat happen is 1st an folder of there user_id is created den images is saved in dat folder in his/her user_id number as images name.. so if user_id is 29 den folder luks like -
upload images/10/10.jpg
den if they upload again den it increments.

nw thr s a profile page i want thr uploaded picture to be displayed dr.. so please help me how to do dat..

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you have to use data assist to store the uploaded file name in the database.

the reason you must use data assist for this is due to a limitation in the way the Dreamweaver insert record behavior works.

the file manipulation of Universal Email stores the uploaded file name in a variable named Server File Name.

The Dreamweaver insert record does not allow to use any other variables except form variables for the insert.

The Dreamweaver insert behavior will allow you to use the server File name created the Upload file behavior in the insert, the data assist behavior will though.

You may not like it, but that;s the limitation to the Dreamweaver insert behavior, and why DataAssist must be used.

see the "How to apply Digital File Pro to DataAssist Insert and Update pages" tutorial on the data assist support page for details:
dataassist/

Kumel

k i have WA_Universal email 4.. nw if i wanna purchase data assist den i ll need to pay $199.. So i feel its better i buy Dynamic Suite by paying $299.. n i already have UNIVERSAL EMAIL.. So is it possible for me get da money refund of my Universal email, after purchasing data assist? is it possible.. please.. ?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

that is a question you would need to ask of our sales department, Contact them by email at sales [AT] webassist [DOT] com

Kumel

Thanks a lot..

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...