close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Not showing multiple points at same address

Thread began 10/20/2010 1:57 pm by mallardnj111947 | Last modified 10/25/2010 7:24 am by Jason Byrnes | 1322 views | 5 replies |

mallardnj111947

Not showing multiple points at same address

Hello all,

My map is mostly working, however if I have multiple instances of the same address, it only appears to show one of the records. ASP VBScript Recordset. Is this normal behavior or user error? Thanks in advance!

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Yes, multiple instances of the same address will use the same marker position.

mallardnj111947

So is there any way to know/view the other records (the ones below the one that is showing)?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

see the "How to change which address your map centers on" tutorial on the pro maps support page:
pro-maps-for-google/

mallardnj111947

Hi Jason,

I've read that tutorial, but that doesn't address my problem. The issue is that if there are multiple records with the same address, there does not appear to be a way to see all of them or click on any of them except the topmost one. In other Google maps, when you click on a point it either explodes out to show you the multiple points at that address or multiple records will appear in the popup and you can scroll in that box to review all records at that address.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Using the tutorial i linked to, you can create a link for each address. When you click the link, the info window for that particular address will be shown. this should address the issue you are facing.

If it is not working for you, please post a link where i can see the issue to debug it.

if your addressees contain apartment numbers for the street, like "101 fake st. Apt. 1" this will cause the address lookup to fail, which would also cause the link to fail loading the info window.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...