close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Wizard Screen goes blank after multiple changes

Thread began 6/27/2010 9:52 pm by Jaffa | Last modified 7/05/2010 3:43 pm by Jaffa | 1472 views | 4 replies |

Jaffa

Wizard Screen goes blank after multiple changes

This is my fist attempt to use CSS Menu writer for a long time due to a bug that caused the wizard screen to go blank after multiple changes to the theme in past versions. Looks like the problem still exists in V2.0.5.

Here's the steps I use to create the bug every time.

Create a 2 tier SQL menu
Go and create a custom theme.
Change Box, Type and Design, Change line widths to none
Return to Box Tab and bang blank screen.

I have deleted Dreamweaver CS5 cache after install
Tried creating a new CSS Menu and removed all directories from previous attempts.
Nothing i do works, It's OK as long as i don't try and change every aspect of the menu under the the options. Also once the screen goes blank the buttons to save stop working

Screen dump attached of blank Wizard

P.S: Also if I have a top menu box height of 55 with a gradient background how do i get the text to align horizontal Centre and Verticle Centre, None of the Block properties seem to change the final layour. At present only option is to centre text but it remains at the top of the box.

Attached Files
chemicalessentials.zip
Sign in to reply to this post

Jimmy Wu

I haven't been able to replicate the error on my machine. Which changes did you make to each of the selections so I know how to reproduce it? Does the error occur if you don't switch back to the box tab or if you switch to the type tab instead?

To get the menu items centered, you would go to the type tab and change the align to center.

Jaffa

Originally Said By: Jimmy Wu
  I haven't been able to replicate the error on my machine. Which changes did you make to each of the selections so I know how to reproduce it? Does the error occur if you don't switch back to the box tab or if you switch to the type tab instead?

To get the menu items centered, you would go to the type tab and change the align to center.  

Hi Jimmy,

When I asked regarding centre I mean horizontal and verticle centres not just centre text align. My menu top row is 56 pixels in height and I was trying to centre the text vertically as well as centre aligned.

OK to reporiduce the error.

Define a new theme using dynamic values for the content Menu and sub-menus, nested using our local testing server on the LAN.

Changed Padding for top tier to 15 (All)
Changed Padding for tier 2 & 3 to 8 (All)
Changed Hover, Active, Visited and Link Colours to custom values
Added custom 3kb gif images for Link, Rollover for top tier
Clicked Apply between every change.
Removed Borders for each tier and when i click Apply blank screen.

All buttons are then non operational. I have gone back to manually writing the CSS menus for now but would like to know why this features won't work. It would surely save alot of time.

Jimmy Wu

To vertically center the text, you will have to go to the box tab, select the main level, and go to the Item tab under Dimension, Margin & padding and use the padding to affect where the text is.

As for the disappearing error, I'm still unable to reproduce this error. What operating system and version of Dreamweaver are you running?

Jaffa

Hi Jimmy,

Dreamweaver V.11 Build 4913 (Current)
O/S Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
Intel Core i7 920
8GB Ram
Video NVidia GeForce GTX 275

I can replicate using remote Sql server or even local XAMPP test server here.

I've gone back to hand coding so don't waste your time, I've had this problem with every version of CCS Menu on 3 different PC's now. It seems it always happens when too much editing is done with the wizard. Much quicker for me to manually code than go through this every time.

-Dave

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...