close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

2 forms; same site, different email addys

Thread began 5/26/2010 5:16 pm by tramacus318721 | Last modified 6/01/2010 12:33 pm by Jason Byrnes | 2141 views | 7 replies |

tramacus318721

2 forms; same site, different email addys

I need to set up 2 forms on one site with each form going to a different email addy... such as: Employee A gets email from Form A; Employee B gets email from Form B.

How do I do this?

Terri

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

make sure that each form has uniquely named form elements including the submit button.

When adding universal Email select the Button <Name of submit Button> Pressed trigger.

You will need to add two instances of the universal email behavior, one to send to the first address the second to send to the second address.

tramacus318721

A different process

Thanks for the reply, Jason.

I wasn't grasping your instructions so I tried something different. It seems to be working, but I'm not sure if it's entirely the "correct" thing to do. Does this make sense to you:

At the top of form page 1 form I have --
<?php require_once('WA_Globals/WA_Globals.php');?>

And on the other form (form 2) I have --
<?php require_once('WA_Globals/WA_Globals2.php');?>

I then created a WA_Globals2.php and simply inserted the second email address.

Both forms go to the same Thank You page.

Terri

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

ahh, so this in regards to Contact Form Solution pack.

Yes, with contact form solution pack, that is exactly the correct way to have 2 separate forms on the site.

you posted this in the CSS Form Builder forum, so I thought you where asking about 2 forms using CSS Form Builder.

tramacus318721

Oops!

I'm so sorry for posting on the wrong forum! As you may have noticed, I very rarely, if ever, need tech support -- your products are rather intuitive (which is why I was able to come up with a different solution), and come with excellent instructions.

The only thing I cannot for the life of me figure out with this program is how to get the email replies to stop centering on the page. The initial email comes in just fine...aligned left. But once you reply to the person, their return reply comes back all centered.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

That's not something that Universal Email can control, it is a problem with the email client.

In most email clients, when you respond to a message, the original message is quoted with a ">" character at the beginning of each line. the leading ">" that the email client is adding, is probably causing the issue.

tramacus318721

I wish it was something that easy to figure out, however, there is no leading > in the replies. I've been struggling with this issue for months, in all sorts of email clients.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

not all clients use a ">" as the quote character, but all clients do use a character in front of the quoted text that will throw off any css positioning. Universal email can only effect how the email message is sent the first time.

It cannot effect how the email client quotes the message when it is replied to, this is handled by the email client solely.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...