close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

USPS Calculator - One Package per Item Purchased

Thread began 5/26/2009 6:18 pm by courtyo | Last modified 6/23/2009 1:43 pm by courtyo | 4761 views | 11 replies |

courtyo

USPS Calculator - One Package per Item Purchased

I need to ship one package per item purchased, but this option in the USPS shipping rate quote wizard only separates this by total # of LINE ITEMS purchased - not the total # of products overall.

The eCart description states that if 2 of item A and 2 of Item B were purchased, then only 2 packages will be shipped.

But what I need to calculate is that if 2 of item A and 2 of Item B were purchased - then a total of 4 packages are shipped.

Any ideas how this can be accomplished? Each line item will have its own weight.

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I believe it should work if you choose: "one package per item purchased", then set the quantity to the quantity field in your cart, and set the weight to the weight field in your cart. That should then calculate it as 4 packages.

Probably now you have the quantity set to 1 and the weight set to the totalweight, which would do one package per line item as you describe.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

courtyo

Nope - still only calculating shipping once per line item.

Item A - Qty 1
Item B - Qty 1
Item C - Qty 3

Cart calculated only $3.66 for shipping - so it only calculated shipping for 1 of item C instead of all three. Shipping SHOULD be calculating at $6.10 (which is what I calculated using USPS.com online postage calculator)

My settings (only listing the ones that pertain to this topic):

$Shipping_Packaging = 1;
$Shipping_PackageArray[$Shipping_PackageIndex]["eCart_Quantity"] = (($Shipping_Packaging == 1)?$btw->DisplayInfo("Quantity"):1);
$Shipping_PackageArray[$Shipping_PackageIndex]["Quantity"] = $btw->DisplayInfo("Quantity");
$Shipping_PackageArray[$Shipping_PackageIndex]["PackageWeight"] = "".WA_eCart_FormatNumber($btw->DisplayInfo('Weight'), true, 1) ."";

Ray BorduinWebAssist

It seems like that would work. Do you know how to view the full request sent to usps? I'd be interested in seeing it. This may be a bug, so you might want to post a support incident as well to get someone looking at it on that side.

If you can post the full request and full response and that might shed some light on where to look for a solution.

courtyo

FULL REQUEST:
API=RateV2&XML=FIRST CLASS921019201001REGULARFIRST CLASS921019201001REGULARFIRST CLASS921019201001REGULAR

FULL RESPONSE:
921019201001REGULAR1First-Class Mail1.22921019201001REGULAR1First-Class Mail1.22921019201001REGULAR1First-Class Mail1.22

So it looks like it is only sending a request for 3 packages, not 5. I'll open a support ticket as you suggested. Thanks.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

View source on that request and response... it is xml so it doesnt show on the page.

courtyo

** FULL REQUEST **
API=RateV2&XML=<ratev2request userid="638BIKIN5070"><package id="0"><service>FIRST CLASS</service><ziporigination>92101</ziporigination><zipdestination>92010</zipdestination><pounds>0</pounds><ounces>1</ounces><size>REGULAR</size></package><package id="1"><service>FIRST CLASS</service><ziporigination>92101</ziporigination><zipdestination>92010</zipdestination><pounds>0</pounds><ounces>1</ounces><size>REGULAR</size></package><package id="2"><service>FIRST CLASS</service><ziporigination>92101</ziporigination><zipdestination>92010</zipdestination><pounds>0</pounds><ounces>1</ounces><size>REGULAR</size></package></ratev2request>

** FULL RESPONSE **
<ratev2response><package id="0"><ziporigination>92101</ziporigination><zipdestination>92010</zipdestination><pounds>0</pounds><ounces>1</ounces><size>REGULAR</size><zone>1</zone><postage><mailservice>First-Class Mail</mailservice><rate>1.22</rate></postage></package><package id="1"><ziporigination>92101</ziporigination><zipdestination>92010</zipdestination><pounds>0</pounds><ounces>1</ounces><size>REGULAR</size><zone>1</zone><postage><mailservice>First-Class Mail</mailservice><rate>1.22</rate></postage></package><package id="2"><ziporigination>92101</ziporigination><zipdestination>92010</zipdestination><pounds>0</pounds><ounces>1</ounces><size>REGULAR</size><zone>1</zone><postage><mailservice>First-Class Mail</mailservice><rate>1.22</rate></postage></package></ratev2response>

Ray BorduinWebAssist

It actually appears as if it would work to me. Please post a support incident and reply back with your incident number. I'll look into it further with you.

courtyo

Thanks - Technical Support Ticket # 96414

anonymous

Originally Said By: Ray Borduin
  It seems like that would work. Do you know how to view the full request sent to usps? I'd be interested in seeing it. This may be a bug, so you might want to post a support incident as well to get someone looking at it on that side.

If you can post the full request and full response and that might shed some light on where to look for a solution.  

Is there an easy way to view the full request and response?

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...