close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

PowerGallery

Thread began 3/29/2010 12:23 pm by endene_jd398068 | Last modified 3/31/2010 12:10 pm by Eric Mittman | 923 views | 1 replies |

endene_jd398068

PowerGallery

Dear Sir Madam,

I am writing you because I am facing some problem with my PowerGallery bought from Webassist.com. Actually the programme is very nice and I applied it to my website.

(a) 1- I would like to set up different size for the gallery itself respect to its default one (too big for my websites) to be able to adjust it according the page’s size because usually I am using width 1000px and want to place it beside the text within page.html.

2- For the slideshow – blind I would like to learn how to adjust display time to set it up a bit longer respect to its default one

(b) 1- I have a website that allows users to submit information and images to be store into the database. I would like to learn how to add PowerGallery to my database so it will retrieve the user’s images from the database and produce a photo gallery for each user while the php code will retrieve only the text information according the search engine. So in this case PowerGallery will contain no images but will be added as a default photo gallery generator.
Thank you for your comprehension
Best Regards
David

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

If you need to modify the size of your gallery that is on the page you will need to adjust the width of it via css. For example, with the full size image on top you can adjust the width in this class:

.pg-rf .fullsize

For the size of the thumbnail wrapper you can adjust it with this class:

.pg-rf .ribbon .thumbs-wrapper

When it comes to changing up the size of the images there are two ways you can do this, you can edit the css if the actual dimensions of the image on your server are not an issue:

showthread.php?t=11211

If you wan to change the actual size of the images then you will need to edit some of the internal properties for PowerGallery, here is a link to a post that details how to do this:

showpost.php?p=36751&postcount=2

To adjust the time for the slideshow you can reference this How To here:

custom_slideshows.php

This document and more are located on the PowerGallery support page here:

powergallery/

As far as integrating PowerGallery with your existing db and user experience this would be a custom implementation. We do not have any guides or documentation on this. The gallery is designed to just display images that you add and manage through the admin area.

Sign in to reply to this post

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...