close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

CSS Styles Drop Down

Thread began 3/19/2010 5:40 am by phil.evans372967 | Last modified 5/19/2010 11:55 am by Eric Mittman | 2502 views | 7 replies |

phil.evans372967

CSS Styles Drop Down

Hi,

iRite doesn't show my site CSS styles in the styles drop down.

Should I upgrade to HTML Editor?

Thanks

Phil

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

You will need to add in your styles to get them to show in the list. When you are editing the iRite instance go to the styling tab. In here you have to select the css file that the styles are defined in. You should then see a list of available styles, whatever ones are selected should appear in the select list within the editor.

phil.evans372967

Still no joy

Hi Eric,

I've done as you suggested by the drop down still doesn't display the CSS styles.

Pulling my hair out trying to get this to work.

I've attached my page and the CSS

Attached Files
css-issues.zip

Eric Mittman

Do you have a link to the page with the editor on it that does not show the styles? When you went through the process of adding in the styles were you able to see the styles in the list of styles that you are adding? If you do not see the styles you are trying to add in the list of available styles then they will not appear in the editor.

info395053

Hi,

I have the same issue with styles not showing in the dropdown menu on the HTML editor. All the styles were visible when I selected them through the wizard in Dreamweaver and I uploaded the custom js and xml files with the relevant information.

Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks,

Dorothy

phil.evans372967

Hi Eric

Unfortunately the page is password protected on a live site. Is there anyway I can send you the login securely so you can review?

I could see the list of styles in iRite's interface. But they just dont show.

Thanks

Phil

neilo

Excuse the butting in, - just a couple of thoughts,

Hi Phil,

Looking at your news_Update_strap1.js, it doesn't look as if your added styles are being recognised. You would typically expect to see changes that indicate that the added styles have been recognised by the iRite or HTMLEditor.

The first indication would be immediately after the remarked out opening '// Custom configuration . . .' line, showing the custom configuration XML details, something like:

// Custom configuration for iRite
FCKConfig.XMLFullName = 'Advanced Manager Enabled (custom)';
FCKConfig.XMLFileName = '(custom)';

The other indications would be that three lines at or near the end of the javascript should show the relative paths to your css and xml files, again something like:

FCKConfig.EditorAreaCSS = '../../css/styles.css'; // relative to fckeditor/editor/fckeditor.html
FCKConfig.BodyClass = 'bodyCMS';
FCKConfig.StylesXmlPath = '../custom/news_Update_your_custom_instance_name1.xml'; // relative to fckeditor/editor/fckeditor.html

(The middle line would refer to a style from your css that you specified while adding styles in the editor instance (if you did) that reflect your site's body styles).

[Also, one thing that escaped me for a while was that - although my styles showed up in the 'Available styles' window - I didn't realise that I had to actually select them (so they were highlighted blue) before clicking the OK button.]

When you customise an Editor instance, a new xml file is created in the 'custom' folder, its name incremented by 1 (each time the instance is reconfigured). If your styles were added, they will each have a new node with their values in the new xml file. Are they showing up in your new custom/your_new_xmlfile(n).xml file?

Hi Dorothy,

Is your Editor instance one that you've added to a form, or is it part of a WebAssist solution (PowerCMS, PowerStore)? Do your styles show up in your xml file, and do the lines in your javascript file look a bit like the examples above?

Perhaps if you could (both) also post links to your current (custom/) javascript and xml files, there may be more to go on.

Eric Mittman

Thanks neilo for your help and insight in this issue. To phil, if you can see the references for the styles in the js and xml files and still do not get the styles to show when you are in the editor let me know and I can get a ticket opened for you so we can check this out further.

For Dorothy, please check on these things and let us know what you see.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...