close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

currency change and from ps3 to PS4

Thread began 9/28/2010 1:12 pm by Jordan | Last modified 10/09/2010 2:23 pm by davas56386677 | 6120 views | 25 replies |

Jordan

currency change and from ps3 to PS4

Hello, I thought I would write this here to say how unhappy I am that the currency change was never implemented in PS3. I have paid good money to this company to receive no support about this what so ever and then to see that there is an upgrade that must be paid for. I am absolutely shocked, as I have never even been able to use PS3 because of this.

I have purchased all the plugins and scripts etc over the past few months so I would have expected better than this! I asked here about it before to be told that it would be implemented in the future, but with no time on it. Now a new product so where is my fix for this issue as promised? This is really not fair on me or my funds.

I would like a solution to this issue asap please.

Sign in to reply to this post

esmsBeta Tester

Hello,

It's a pity it doesn't work in the UK. I would have persevered with it and updated from PS3 too. I asked if PS5 would be released soon to cover this and received the reply:

showthread.php?t=16174

A bit of a wait but at least we know it's coming.

Jordan

Yes, it is a shame and also that I must again pay money for that update. Terrible. Its a real shame that they dont even offer a refund on these items when there is a situation like this.

John Moran

The great Britsih £

I agree with Jordan

I asked the same question back March 2004 about PS2 and got this reply from Eric
The currency symbol appears throughout the site for display purposes. You should be able to follow along with the guide that is for PowerStore 3 and get all of the occurrences. There are also a couple of threads here on the forum where user's have noted particular places that do not seem to get updated that you may need to check on. Let us know if you have any trouble with this.

Only problem is the $ sign is part PHP code.

I just do not understand why PS CAN NOT BE MULTI CURRENCY

I have taken the statements below from WebAssist web site

WebAssist has built a community of 300,000+ customers across the globe, helping them achieve their goals online by enhancing productivity, fueling innovation and increasing revenue opportunities (I’ve added) providing your currency uses the $ sign

PowerStore is easy to set up, can be completely customized (I’ve added) if your currency uses the $ sign

Come on you Guys at WebAssist give us the service we as customers deserve. Is the special relationship, we the UK, have with the US just one way.

MikeH

Got to say very well put John.

esmsBeta Tester

I can't understand why WA sends out email newsletters about PS4 to UK residents asking them to buy it. Why would we if it doesn't work for us?

Incidentally, if we were to buy it, I notice we can pay in sterling !!!!!

Ray BorduinWebAssist

If you want to find the relevent dollar signs to replace, try using Dreamweaver to search the entire site using the regular expression:

\$"\s*\.\s*num|\$\s*<\?php

That should get all of the dollar signs that need to be replaced without returning the php variables named with a dollar sign (you'd have to replace them manually since it will return extra characters) .

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

MikeH

Thank you Ray thats a great help.

I know before you say it you do not support currency changes but using this method it is a lot easier to track down the little devils..

A hint on how to track down the flash chart sysmbols would be good.

BTW that tip would be a great sticky thread especially if the topic was cleaned a little as its such a helpful way to change most instances.

Mike

Ray BorduinWebAssist

flash charts I think you can (with server expressions unchecked) find:

$#val#

and replace instances with:

£#val#

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

MikeH

Tried it and it does look promising.

Looks like these 2 tips gets the Sterling currency more or less done plus the USD to GBP search/replace.

Can this be made a sticky? It would cut down on the currency posts in the forums. Also anything missed could then be added to that post by you guys save it being too long winded.

Brilliant timesaver tips.

Mike

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...