close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

captcha not working

Thread began 5/22/2010 5:13 am by hbibizadeh396670 | Last modified 5/25/2010 11:04 am by hbibizadeh396670 | 8706 views | 38 replies |

hbibizadeh396670

captcha not working

I have Recently put a captcha in to my form builder form. Unfortunately it doesn’t work. Every time a user puts in a code the dose not match the image the form sends anyway. This is a great problem because I still get Spam mail.

Please try it yourself Link:

EnquiryForm.php

Thank you for your help

Sign in to reply to this post

hbibizadeh396670

I wrote this message a while ago and still have not received any help, If someone could provide me with a solution it would be much appreciated

neilo

Hi hbibizadeh,

Please have a look at the forum Hours & Policy (Link to it Top Right)

If you zip your EnquiryForm.php page and attach it to a post, someone might have a look at it if they check in before Monday.

anonymous

Yeah... definitely post the code if you want a community member to take a look. Also, just to be sure... double check that all of your folders were successfully uploaded (the security and form validation folders and includes).

Regards,

Brian

hbibizadeh396670

CAPTCHA Not Working

I have Attached the .php page below If someone could have a look it would be of a big help

Attached Files
EnquiryForm.zip

neilo

Hi

At first glance, it looks as if your only problem is that the Captcha field is only being validated by spry validation (client side validation) with the only criterion being that it is 'required'. This means that as long as something is entered, the form will be allowed to send.You will need to add server side validation in order that whatever is input into the field is compared to the generated Captcha code, and only if it is the same will it be allowed to send.

This doesn't appear to have been added at the time you made the form, - i don't know why not - but you can add it now. You can either:

• Re-enter the CSSFormBuilder's UI and have it add a new Captcha field (might be easier to remove the existing one and add new one)
• Add server-side validation to the Captcha input field (double-click 'WA Server Validations' in the Server Behaviors Panel, and add Validation Type 'Like Entry' and for the Server Variable (lightening bolt) select the captcha field, or:
• Add the following code to the end of the server validations block of code at (about) line 19:

$WAFV_Errors .= WAValidateLE((strtolower(isset($_POST["fieldset_group_Security_code"])?$_POST["fieldset_group_Security_code"]:"")) . "",((isset($_SESSION["captcha_fieldset_group_Security_code"]))?strtolower($_SESSION["captcha_fieldset_group_Security_code"]):"") . "",true,9);

This is the first thing to try, there may be more. Add the server side validation, upload the page and post back with the results.

hbibizadeh396670

CAPTCHA Not Working

HI

Thanks for your help, but it seems I will need a bit more. I followed your instructions and uploaded the pages and folders, but still have the same problem.

If you would like to see the page online, please follow this link to test it for yourself:

EnquiryForm.php

Or, if you need to see the changes I have made then I have attached them below.

Attached Files
EnquiryForm.zip

neilo

Hi Ashley,

Did you try re-entering CSSFormBuilder, removing the captcha field and then adding it in again? That should recreate the correct functionality.

I will still have a look at it, but if you could try the above (as well) it might save duplicating effort!

hbibizadeh396670

CAPTCHA Not Working

HI

Yep I tried adding and removing the CAPTCHA but it still dose not work. I have also tried using the CAPTCHA on other sites and forms in the past, but have never been able to make it work.

neilo

Hi Ashley,

Have redone your page and supporting files, they just need to be placed in the same folders as your originals (you should back up your existing files and folders first!).

It was a bit of a nightmare - there was multiple duplicated blocks of code, (a problem with CSSFormBuilder) and when it was finally finished, the captcha didn't validate (again). There was also no server-side validation - did you remove it?

I redid the form - also the server-side validation - and it seems to work fine now. The Captcha field is the last to validate, you will only be able to truly test it once the other fields have been filled in correctly.

Hope it goes well.

For some reason the zip won't attach; - you can download it HERE

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...