close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

USPS Active Credentials? Has anyone received this

Thread began 3/04/2010 4:52 pm by carlene | Last modified 5/10/2010 2:33 pm by Justin Nemeth | 3444 views | 6 replies |

carleneBeta Tester

USPS Active Credentials? Has anyone received this

Hello,

I've been awaiting a reply from Web Assist on this for two days - still none. Can someone please help me because my store is still not working with shipping enabled.

I'm going to turn this to the users - has anyone been able to get their store to work with the USPS as shipping method. And if so - how did you do it?

Here is the original thread on the problem:
showthread.php?t=9490&page=2

I have the testing credentials - but upon emailing the USPS to request the full credentials - I got this cryptic reply from them. (see the next post)

Sign in to reply to this post

carleneBeta Tester

Here is the reply from the USPS. Was I asking for the wrong thing? Would someone from Web Assist please assist me here. What exactly am I asking the USPS for so that this will work? Exact wording or link would be appreciated. My store is not working due to this problem.

Dear USPS Customer,

Address Information APIs are accessible with special permission. The APIs can only be used in conjunction with USPS SHIPPING SERVICES ONLY.

We must first understand how you'll be using the API. We need a commitment that the API will be used on a transactional basis (not batch processing or cleansing of a database, but as a customer enters the information into a form on a website). Also, you must state that you will use the output from this API solely in association with USPS SHIPPING SERVICES ONLY.

Please provide a detailed description how you plan to use the APIs, include the URL of the site (development or production). We will review the material received to see if you meet our requirements.

If your implementation does not meet these requirements, I suggest contacting the NCSC for other Postal products that may meet your needs.

The Address Management System Application Programming Interface (AMS API) is available on a subscription basis for $3,800/year with bi-monthly updates. For more information, write to:

AMS-API
National Customer Support Center
United States Postal Service
6060 Primacy Pkwy Ste 201
Memphis, TN 38188-0001
Email: AMSCD.NCSC@USPS.GOV

Or call 877-640-0724.

carleneBeta Tester

Wow never mind - the USPS replied finally

After leaving a plaintive reply to the USPS person explaining the situation more fully and that I just needed Active Credentials - I was awaiting a reply. And after posting my post above - I decided to check my email - and here is the reply I just received. I haven't tested this yet.

I am unclear on two things.

1) Am I to be using my testing credentials User Name that the USPS provided me? (I know that I put that in the Settings of the Admin panel.)

2) Why did they give me two URLS? There is only a spot for one URL in the Admin panel.

Thanks!

Reply from USPS - Time elapsed 4 days. (It took 4 days to sort out that WebAssist instructs you to get testing credentials which don't actually work with Power Store 3 - then 3 days for the USPS to finally send this email with the Active credentials info.)

Congratulations on completing your testing using the U.S. Postal
Service's Web Tools Application Program Interfaces (APIs). Your
profile has been updated to allow you access to the Production Servers.

The URLs you will use for the Production Servers are:
ShippingAPI.dll
ShippingAPI.dll

Profiles that are inactive for four years will be permanently deleted
without notice.

If you have any questions, please contact the USPS Internet Customer Care
Center (ICCC). The ICCC is staffed from 7:00AM to 11:00PM Eastern Time.
Email: icustomercare@usps.com
Telephone: 1-800-344-7779 (7:00AM to 11:00PM ET)

Thank you for helping the U.S. Postal Service provide new Internet services
to our shipping customers.

Sincerely,

The Internet Shipping Solutions Team

Justin Nemeth

You would use the original (testing) credentials even with the production account. You would only use the production url since it uses their v3 api. If for some reason it still isn't working, go ahead and email USPS again and request a production upgrade. I remember I had to email them twice when I got an account one time.

-justin

carleneBeta Tester

Nope the USPS testing credentials do not work. I emailed them and received the final credentials. I had another thread on this as well showthread.php?p=48379#post48379

donegan

USPS Active Credentials

Originally Said By: carlene
  Nope the USPS testing credentials do not work. I emailed them and received the final credentials. I had another thread on this as well showthread.php?p=48379#post48379  

Hi,

I have been having this very same problem. I have read all the post in this thread and followed the suggestions and receive a message from USPS just yesterday with was suppose to be the proper URL to work with PowerStore to make the Shipping feature in PS3 work.

It does not.

Since this Thread was last posted to on March 20, 2010.

Has there been any further work on this matter by Users of this feature?

Has WebAssist come up with a fix or work around for this problem?

In addition, I would like to know if this problem is just happening to those of us that are using PayPal Express? In other words, are the Users of PayPal Payment Pro having this problem with USPS?

Justin Nemeth

Try requesting the production account again. Before I had to email them twice before my account was actually switched over to production status. There is not a fix on our end since its up to USPS to switch over your account. There API is structured in a way that production credentials are needed.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...