close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

PowerStore 3 and CSS MenuWriter

Thread began 2/07/2010 6:46 am by david390068 | Last modified 4/09/2012 12:31 pm by Jason Byrnes | 5100 views | 9 replies |

david390068Beta Tester

PowerStore 3 and CSS MenuWriter

I have a fresh install of PowerStore 3, I have CSS MenuWriter 2, Site works fine. However, when I try to edit the menu using CSS MenuWriter, it gives me an error saying "The database connection(s) required for this content preset do not exist in this site. Please create the following connections to use this preset: Connection: PowerStoreConnection, Table: categories, Columns: CategoryName, CategoryID, CategoryParent. What am I doing incorrectly?

Sign in to reply to this post

neilo

I get that too, if I click to edit menu, or content (but not theme). Seems odd, as I thought the table would be called ps3_categories as per table in database (?) - maybe the prefix is accounted for elsewhere.

You could always edit the theme as normal, and add any static links directly in code-view of menu.php.

<li><span><a href="<?php echo($assumedRoot); ?>contactus.php">Contact Us</a></span></li>
<li><span><a href="<?php echo($assumedRoot); ?>mynewpage.php">New Link</a></span></li>
</ul>

Although you would have to reduce the width of the top level menu item in your menu.css 'ul#cssmw_home > li > span > a {' rules if you were adding a top level link, otherwise the menu wouldn't fit in the navigation div. Menu sub-items would be ok though.

david390068Beta Tester

Thanks for the suggestion. I am trying to add a sub menu to the existing drop down. level -2 I think? I would add it manually, except I do not know what css style would get applied to it.

neilo

Hi,

The ul-level-2 styles are already defined in the menu.css - ( ul#cssmw_home ul.level-2 > li > a { ) and are similar to the level-1 styles.

If you made changes to the level-1 styles, then you could just reflect those changes in the rule for level-2.

So if I added two options to the Support > Shipping menu item:

<li class="parent"><a href="<?php echo($assumedRoot); ?>Shipping.php">Shipping</a>
<ul class="level-2">
<li><a href="<?php echo($assumedRoot); ?>Shipping2.php">Shipping 1</a></li>
<li><a href="<?php echo($assumedRoot); ?>Shipping3.php">Shipping 2</a></li>
</ul>
</li>

It would look like this, based on the current stylesheet.

david390068Beta Tester

Thank you very much. That is exactly what I needed.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I am sending an updated copy of the CSSMenuWriter\cssmw_home\treexml.xml file to fix the error you are getting, please copy it to CSSMenuWriter\cssmw_home\ folder in your power store site.

After editing the menu, you may need to change line 2 and 3 back to:

php:
$WA_localRoot = "" .$WAGLOBAL_localRoot ."";

$WA_remoteRoot = "" .$WAGLOBAL_remoteRoot. "";
Attached Files
treexml.zip

scott214217

Originally Said By: Jason Byrnes
  I am sending an updated copy of the CSSMenuWriter\cssmw_home\treexml.xml file to fix the error you are getting, please copy it to CSSMenuWriter\cssmw_home\ folder in your power store site.

After editing the menu, you may need to change line 2 and 3 back to:
php:
$WA_localRoot = "" .$WAGLOBAL_localRoot ."";

$WA_remoteRoot = "" .$WAGLOBAL_remoteRoot. "";

Hi Jason,

I've been having the same problem as well (with a fresh install of PowerStore3) and need to change the menu tree, but am being presented with the following CSS2 Menu Writer error "The database connection(s) required for this content preset do not exist in this site. Please create the following connections to use this preset... Connection: PowerStoreConnection".

I have downloaded the updated treexml.xml and the lines of code in the relevant file (Template) match those above, but I still get the same error. So, I'm stuck and unable to edit the Menu Structure for the site.

Suggestions as to what I should do from here?

Also, shouldn't this kind of work 'out of the box'? First piece of work on a fresh setup and I'm beached immediately...

Thanks in advance...

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the treexml.xml file from the previous thread will fix the error. If you are still getting the same error, it suggests the treexml.xml file is not in the correct place.

Make sure to copy the treexml.xml file to the CSSMenuWriter\cssmw_home\ directory, do this with Dreamweaver closed.

emy302298

powerstore 3 with css menu 2

Jason:

I have followed the recipe below and it still does not allow me to modify the menu.

Any other suggests?

Thanks,
Mike

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have created a support ticket so we can look into this issue further.

To view and edit your support ticket, please log into your support history:
supporthistory.php

If anyone else is experiencing this same issue, please append to this thread.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...