close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Checkout Failure (Sandbox Testing Using MAMP)

Thread began 1/26/2010 1:22 pm by Dante48Chicago | Last modified 3/12/2010 6:38 pm by Dani Chankhour | 3892 views | 9 replies |

Dante48Chicago

Checkout Failure (Sandbox Testing Using MAMP)

Hi,

I have researched a lot of the posts in the "checkout wizard" search for my answer before posting this. However, I saw bits and pieces of solutions but not a completely exact case scenario. So here is what i THINK my deal is in a nutshell: CHECKOUT FAILURE. From what I have read in the forums I believe (not sure) the issue is in the BINDINGS (which I vaguely understand or know how to operate).

Prognosis from PayPal:
I am not hitting the PayPal Sandox servers at all. Issue is on side of eCart / Dreamweaver.

PayPal recommednation:
Turn on "logging" to see what the error is in the Checkout Failure. I assumed what they meant by logging is the exercise of adding the "bindings" to pages: checkout_failure.php and pp_checkout_failure.php and then testing the VISA card test buyer VISA credit card again. I already did that and I get no data on the browser pages, no XML anything, no nothing in the areas where I inserted the "bindings" on to the pages (see bottom of post).

So that is what PayPal told me above and you can see I already attempted to troubleshoot this before writing this forum post.

Here are my settings and configurations

Computer: iBook G4 PPC Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Dreamweaver: Version 10.0 Build 4117 (CS4)

eCart: 4.5.2

PayPal: PayPal Payments Pro

Testing: Sandbox, Seller API credentials. Buyer Agreement executed. Using SANDBOX settings not Live API settings. (My PayPal account is active, approved and in good standing for PayPal Payments Pro Merchant Account)

MAMP Pro: Installed and running successfully locally. Successfully added the sample eCommerce Database (not sure how to use it yet but it shows up in my databases). However, I am not storing any data in the databases as i unchecked that option in the Checkout Wizard (no shipping data either).

Server Language: PHP

Browser (Preview): Safari 4.0.4

Ok so there are my settings above. Here is what I have already done to trouble shoot the issue myself:

Troubleshooting Activities Performed:
1. Cache: deleted DWCS4 cache file several times and restarted several times.
2. Created "Add to Payment Response Bindings" from Debugging eCart Transaction Failed Issues

Browser Results (Zero Results):

PayPay Express Checkout Button:
<div class="eC_Simple_Pacifica_Arial" >
<h2>Transaction Not Completed</h2>
<h3 class="eC_InfoHeader" >We're sorry</h3>
<div class="eC_InfoContainer" >
<p class="eC_OrderInfo">Your PayPal transaction could not be completed.
</p>
<p class="eC_OrderInfo">(Authorize Express Checkout below)</p>
<p class="eC_OrderInfo"></p>
<p class="eC_OrderInfo">&nbsp;</p>
<p class="eC_OrderInfo">(Process Express Checkout below)</p>
<p></p>
<p></p>
<p></p>
</div>
</div>

PayPal Direct Payment
<div class="eC_Simple_Pacifica_Arial" >
<h2>Transaction Not Completed</h2>
<h3 class="eC_InfoHeader" >We're sorry</h3>
<div class="eC_InfoContainer" >
<p class="eC_OrderInfo">Your transaction could not be completed.
</p>
<p> <p>
<p>
<p>
<p>
<p>
</div>
</div>

Basically I get to the Order Confirmation page and when I submit I get the above error. In the case of PayPal Express Checkout when I click that button I just get the same failure page notice.

If this is an issue of me not setting the BINDINGS can you please point me to how I can do this? Or help me resolve this issue. I did not see any tutorials on this or any PDF download files that address bindings, etc.

Thanks for reviewing this and for all of the excellent support you have given here on the forum.

Dante

UPDATED:

I performed a search for "checkout failure" and found this post: showthread.php?t=8358&highlight=checkout+failure

I followed the instructions and added the "Full Request" binding, previously I only added "Full Response" which was what I read in another post that was not accurate. Now I have a result from the "Full Request" but this information, even though it is test sandbox data, looks sensitive and I am not comfortable posting it in an open forum.

What should I do? Please advise, thanks.

Dante

Sign in to reply to this post

Dani Chankhour

Are you using Test Credentials to test with or are you using the Live credentials.

If you are using the Test Credentials, then you will need to enable the sand box:

look for these two lines on your confirm page:

$PP_DirectPayment_required[0][$nextIndex] = "UseSandbox";
$PP_DirectPayment_required[1][$nextIndex] = "true";

and if you are not using the Test account, then change it to:

$PP_DirectPayment_required[1][$nextIndex] = "false";

I just want to mention that you can't use live credentials using sand box and you can't use test credentials when not testing in sand box.

Dante48Chicago

I am using TEST Sandbox Credentials

Hello Dani!

Thanks for your reply. In my outline I indicated I was using Sandbox Credentials (see below cut and paste for that excerpt in my original post):

"Testing: Sandbox, Seller API credentials. Buyer Agreement executed. Using SANDBOX settings not Live API settings. (My PayPal account is active, approved and in good standing for PayPal Payments Pro Merchant Account)"

I will look in the confirm page and see if those two lines of code are there.

Dante

Dante48Chicago

Confirm Page Uses Sandbox Settings

Dani,

The below code is directly cut and pasted from my confirm.php page:

$PP_DirectPayment_required[1][$nextIndex] = "true";

The above code is in the actual confirm.php file I built using the Checkout Wizard.

However, the page the browser displays does not contain this code. Not sure if that matters or not?

Please advise what my next steps should be.

Thank You Dani,

Dante

Dani Chankhour

I have opened a support ticket to further assist you with this issue.

karl.allen344191

I bet you have, but you are using the "Sandbox API Credentials", as on my Payments Pro Account i have a login for Sandbox and a login for Live, both have different credentials and sigs.

Have you tested your credentials using a stand-alone script to check if its the credentials at fault and not ecart?

Dante48Chicago

API Credentials Are Correct

Hi Karl,

Thanks for your reply. The API credentials are correct. I absolutely know the difference between Live and Sandbox API Credentials. I am using Sandbox API Credentials not Live as I have an active PayPal Payments Pro Merchant account that is currently processing payments through another storefront using my Live API Credentials. I know the difference between the two logins: one for the Live PayPal and the other for the Sandbox.

I believe the issue in the endpoints according to the PayPal tech support. The URL is wrong and I believe that is part of the issue if not the entire issue.

Again, thanks for your reply. Hopefully I can get this resolved and I can complete my testing and take my online store live ASAP.

Dante

Miguel

i got a similiar problem but on a live site the order always sends me to the checkout failure page, i have a new post opened hope i get help soon. And i have try all things here on the forums with no luck

Dante48Chicago

Good Luck. I am seriously contemplating moving to Magento, an open source ecommerce platform and scrapping eCart for now until I can spend more time on figuring it out. It's a bit to complicated for my head at the moment.

Dani Chankhour

To debug this issue, please place this code in your failure page. This will give more information about the error you are getting and why it is sending you to the failure page.

php:
<?php 

if(!session_id()) session_start();
     echo 
"Direct Pay: <br />";
     echo 
"Full Request: ".isset($_SESSION["PP_DirectPayment_postedValues"])?htmlentities($_SESSION["PP_DirectPayment_postedValues"]):"n/a"."<br />"
     echo 
"Full Response: ".isset($_SESSION["PP_DirectPayment"])?htmlentities($_SESSION["PP_DirectPayment"]):"n/a"."<br />"
     echo 
"Express Authorize <br />";
     echo 
"Full Request: ".isset($_SESSION["ECO_Auth_Request"])?htmlentities($_SESSION["ECO_Auth_Request"]):"n/a"."<br />";
     echo 
"Full Response: ".isset($_SESSION["ECO_Auth_Result"])?htmlentities($_SESSION["ECO_Auth_Result"]):"n/a"."<br />";
     echo 
"Express Process: <br />";
     echo 
"Full Request: ".isset($_SESSION["ECO_Process_Request"])?htmlentities($_SESSION["ECO_Process_Request"]):"n/a"."<br />";
     echo 
"Full Response: ".isset($_SESSION["ECO_Process_Result"])?htmlentities($_SESSION["ECO_Process_Result"]):"n/a"."<br />";
?>

If you still having issues, please post back with the respond with the output you are getting on the failure page. Make sure to remove your credential information before posting.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...