close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Checkout Failure (Sandbox Testing Using MAMP)

Thread began 1/26/2010 1:22 pm by Dante48Chicago | Last modified 3/12/2010 6:38 pm by Dante48Chicago | 3883 views | 9 replies

Dante48Chicago

Checkout Failure (Sandbox Testing Using MAMP)

Hi,

I have researched a lot of the posts in the "checkout wizard" search for my answer before posting this. However, I saw bits and pieces of solutions but not a completely exact case scenario. So here is what i THINK my deal is in a nutshell: CHECKOUT FAILURE. From what I have read in the forums I believe (not sure) the issue is in the BINDINGS (which I vaguely understand or know how to operate).

Prognosis from PayPal:
I am not hitting the PayPal Sandox servers at all. Issue is on side of eCart / Dreamweaver.

PayPal recommednation:
Turn on "logging" to see what the error is in the Checkout Failure. I assumed what they meant by logging is the exercise of adding the "bindings" to pages: checkout_failure.php and pp_checkout_failure.php and then testing the VISA card test buyer VISA credit card again. I already did that and I get no data on the browser pages, no XML anything, no nothing in the areas where I inserted the "bindings" on to the pages (see bottom of post).

So that is what PayPal told me above and you can see I already attempted to troubleshoot this before writing this forum post.

Here are my settings and configurations

Computer: iBook G4 PPC Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Dreamweaver: Version 10.0 Build 4117 (CS4)

eCart: 4.5.2

PayPal: PayPal Payments Pro

Testing: Sandbox, Seller API credentials. Buyer Agreement executed. Using SANDBOX settings not Live API settings. (My PayPal account is active, approved and in good standing for PayPal Payments Pro Merchant Account)

MAMP Pro: Installed and running successfully locally. Successfully added the sample eCommerce Database (not sure how to use it yet but it shows up in my databases). However, I am not storing any data in the databases as i unchecked that option in the Checkout Wizard (no shipping data either).

Server Language: PHP

Browser (Preview): Safari 4.0.4

Ok so there are my settings above. Here is what I have already done to trouble shoot the issue myself:

Troubleshooting Activities Performed:
1. Cache: deleted DWCS4 cache file several times and restarted several times.
2. Created "Add to Payment Response Bindings" from Debugging eCart Transaction Failed Issues

Browser Results (Zero Results):

PayPay Express Checkout Button:
<div class="eC_Simple_Pacifica_Arial" >
<h2>Transaction Not Completed</h2>
<h3 class="eC_InfoHeader" >We're sorry</h3>
<div class="eC_InfoContainer" >
<p class="eC_OrderInfo">Your PayPal transaction could not be completed.
</p>
<p class="eC_OrderInfo">(Authorize Express Checkout below)</p>
<p class="eC_OrderInfo"></p>
<p class="eC_OrderInfo">&nbsp;</p>
<p class="eC_OrderInfo">(Process Express Checkout below)</p>
<p></p>
<p></p>
<p></p>
</div>
</div>

PayPal Direct Payment
<div class="eC_Simple_Pacifica_Arial" >
<h2>Transaction Not Completed</h2>
<h3 class="eC_InfoHeader" >We're sorry</h3>
<div class="eC_InfoContainer" >
<p class="eC_OrderInfo">Your transaction could not be completed.
</p>
<p> <p>
<p>
<p>
<p>
<p>
</div>
</div>

Basically I get to the Order Confirmation page and when I submit I get the above error. In the case of PayPal Express Checkout when I click that button I just get the same failure page notice.

If this is an issue of me not setting the BINDINGS can you please point me to how I can do this? Or help me resolve this issue. I did not see any tutorials on this or any PDF download files that address bindings, etc.

Thanks for reviewing this and for all of the excellent support you have given here on the forum.

Dante

UPDATED:

I performed a search for "checkout failure" and found this post: showthread.php?t=8358&highlight=checkout+failure

I followed the instructions and added the "Full Request" binding, previously I only added "Full Response" which was what I read in another post that was not accurate. Now I have a result from the "Full Request" but this information, even though it is test sandbox data, looks sensitive and I am not comfortable posting it in an open forum.

What should I do? Please advise, thanks.

Dante

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...