close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Formating lost

Thread began 1/21/2010 11:02 am by nickj | Last modified 2/04/2010 1:53 pm by Eric Mittman | 1190 views | 3 replies |

nickj

Formating lost

I pasted in using the Word link. center the header, saved and the page looks good. Then I went to update that same record and the header was left formatted. It ignored the center formatting.

Nick

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

When you add the content to the page and center it use the source button to view the source in the editor, copy this to file to save it.

After updating and seeing the content minus the centering click on the source button again to view the source, compare this with what you saved earlier. If the source were the same it should show up the same in the editor. Check for any differences around the header and let us know what you discover.

nickj

All Fomatting lost

When viewing this link sec.php?key_bb=10 the text is in a table with red text on top.

But when I go to update it, blurbs_Update.php?key_bb=33, the formatting is gone, still in the datbase but gone from this update page and if I update now the formatting will be lost. When I view the page source the formatting seems to be there but the pae is not echoing it.

Trhe link to the results page is blurbs_Results.php

THanks for your help

Nick

Eric Mittman

It looks as though it may be the way the content was added originally that is causing the problems. When I view the source I see html and body tags around the content. I also see that the text is inside of a single td. I think it would be best to try and strip this down so that it only includes the content and not the extra table or any other formatting. I tried to do this on in the links you sent and it seems to work ok but you will need to update the formatting to make it fit like before.

I'm not sure why the style is being lost though after the information is loaded into the editor. I think this might have to do with some encoding that is occurring on the HTML Editor instance on your update page. What does the code for your html editor look like on this page? Also, when you edit the editor in the wizard what is shown for the default value and is there any formatting applied to this?

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...