close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Add to site - wont show - error

Thread began 1/05/2010 4:40 am by penn.jon397237 | Last modified 1/13/2010 9:10 am by Justin Nemeth | 3777 views | 8 replies |

penn.jon397237

Add to site - wont show - error

I have completed the set up of PowerGallery but when viewing the link on the Add to Site section it cannot find the page? any ideas?

Direct Link to Your Gallery
Use this URL when linking to your PowerGallery from any web page:

index.php?gallery=1&theme=dark

And the "Preview" shows only the words:

First Prev Next Last

NO IMAGES.

Any ideas?

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

have you uploaded the PowerGallery Files to your remote host?

the power gallery install process should be performed on the romote host, not on your local testing server.

If it is installed on the remote host, what is the address?

penn.jon397237

THANK YOU - I have now moved the gallery to the remote server not the local server and it displays in preview, BUT when I try to insert it into a PHP page it shows the gallery but the main image fails to load, just get "... loading"

The page is located: index.php
The gallery is located PowerGallery100

Thanks

Justin Nemeth

It looks like you are using jQuery on your page which is conflicting with the MooTools used by PowerGallery.

Edit the gallery.js file for your selected gallery design and change the code this.wrapper = $(el); to this.wrapper = document.id(el);

Basically, the $ function is defined by both libraries, so changing the PowerGallery code should fix the issue.

-justin

penn.jon397237

Thank you for the reply - The gallery.js code change has made the main image appear now but now it has moved the image down about 250px from the top and covers the thumbnails

index.php

Justin Nemeth

In your mastercss_withfade.css file, you have a global img rule that is affecting the img tags using in PowerGallery.

img {
margin: 0px;
bottom: 0px;
padding: 0px;
}

Removing the bottom:0 fixes the PowerGallery image positioning. FYI, I used firebug to inspect the image and it shows all CSS that is applied and what file is comes from.

-justin

penn.jon397237

Hi, Thats brilliant sorry just installed firebug and that helps me.

I now seem to have lost the tool tip on the thumbnails?.... last question I promise.

penn.jon397237

Also how do I retrieve a lost password the the powergallery on the login screen?

Justin Nemeth

Looks like the same $() issue. Just do a search in gallery.js and replace and $( with document.id( and that should fix it. Check the wa_settings table for the login info.

-justin

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...