close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

styles in editor

Thread began 12/29/2009 2:56 pm by dave276887 | Last modified 1/26/2010 3:52 pm by Dani Chankhour | 3209 views | 9 replies |

dave276887

styles in editor

Hi
is it possible to link to a style sheet for the page editor so when you use the styles drop down the styles that you are using for the site appear there??
cheers from Dave Downunder

Sign in to reply to this post

Dani Chankhour

Yes, but to make that change, you will need to edit the HTML Editor instance, do you own HTML Editor?

reneas.email303886

Style Sheet Linking

I am using PowerCMS I also have HTML Editor. I want the client to be able to use the styles defined in my style.css file. What do I need to do to achieve this?? Do I need to replace a css file on the server with my css?? I found this entry in the fck editorarea.css file:

* A user can configure the editor to use another CSS file. Just change
* the value of the FCKConfig.EditorAreaCSS key in the configuration
* file.

Please explain in detail what file contains the FCKConfig.EditorAreaCSS key...thanks!

Renea

Dani Chankhour

To add the styles in your style.css, reenter the HTMLEditor (Let me know if you have any questions about doing that) and click the customize button, and then click on the Styling tab, and browse to your style.css file. You can then select the classes that you want to show in your Styles drop down.

jcav26033

I have questions about "Entering the HTMLEditor."

Hi Dani,
In a later message you give instruction on what to do to customize the HTMLEditor in Power CMS. I am on MacOS (Snow Leopard) and using Dreamweaver CS3. I do not understand what you mean by "entering the editor from the properties window." How do you do this from within Dreamweaver?

Is there just a simple config file that one can hand alter with a text editor?

Thanks!

Dani Chankhour

When i said "reenter the HTML Editor", i meant with HTML Editor you are able to go back to the wizard and make changes to the Editor. to do that:

1. in Dreamweaver open the Properties window (Window -> Properties)
2. In Dreamweaver Design View, click on the HTMLEditor
3. in the Property window you should see an edit button, click the edit button and that should launch the HTML Editor wizard.

once the html editor wizard is open click the customize button and then the style tab and then select the css file you want to use in the editor.

neilo

Hi Dani

Which file stores this info please (so I know which one to upload?)

Thanks

neilo

Ah it's OK, I found it.

(HTMLEditor/custom/contents_insert_ContentValueStyles1.xml) in the Root Directory.

I will need to copy that to the HTMLEditor/custom/contents_insert_ContentValueStyles1.xml file in my CMS folder.

info360637

?? Don't understand

1. in Dreamweaver open the Properties window (Window -> Properties)

On which file should I be working? This is very poorly covered - surely it should be a basic requirement if Power CMS is designed to fully integrate with an existing site?

Could someone walk me through the process - I can't even find an explanation of what the 'html editor' is?

Thanks!
Jim

Dani Chankhour

To make these updates you will need to be on the contents_insert.php page or the contents_update.php page.

The HTML Editor is where you type the content that shows on your pages.(html-editor/)

You will need to have HTMLEditor installed to make the updates to include the different style sheets.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...