close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

DataAssist E-commerce examples?

Thread began 12/29/2009 8:24 am by keithlogan347721 | Last modified 1/03/2010 10:26 am by keithlogan347721 | 4675 views | 26 replies |

keithlogan347721

DataAssist E-commerce examples?

Hi

Is there any users on this forum that have any 'live' examples of e-commerce stores that they have built using DreamWeaver and DataAssist that I could see?

Also, is it necessary to use an eCart cart for the checkout in a site that is built with DataAssist or can you use a third party cart such as RomanCart ?

Thanks

Sign in to reply to this post

Office Guy-172461

Have a look in the Customer Gallery Forum:
forumdisplay.php?f=59

Office Guy-172461

Originally Said By: keithlogan347721
  Hi
Also, is it necessary to use an eCart cart for the checkout in a site that is built with DataAssist or can you use a third party cart such as RomanCart ?  

I just had a look at RomanCart and it looks like your cart would be stored on their server. I tried to look at the registration page but the server timed out and I couldn't get there. Not a good sign if you are going to depend on them for all of your sales.

It's a little more work, but having total control over your shopping cart has many advantages. The fewer outside dependencies, the fewer things there are to take down your site without your knowledge.

keithlogan347721

Hi,

I like the idea of using eCart so that the customer isn't taken away from the host site but I'm not clear as to how easy this would be to implement.

In terms of the database that DataAssit would work with. I would be looking to use a mySQL database. Does DataAssit create the database table needed for my e-commerce store during the setup?

How much control over the dynamic pages do you have in terms of the layout, is it possible to use CSS to control the design? Also, is it possible to use custom icons within the dynamically pages?

Thanks

Office Guy-172461

You can get the database you need here:
eCommerce mySQL Database

You have complete control over all aspects. All of the tools are designed to work together.

You might want to take a look at PowerStore under Solutions. It's a ready made store built using the WA extensions.

keithlogan347721

I have seen the pre-built shop PowerStore but it doesn't look like that you can customize the 'look and feel' of the store to match an existing site, is that the case?

I need a solution that will let me add e-commerce functionality to a site design of my choice. The solution must be able to have an admin area where a user can go in and add a new product and then for that product to be added into the live store automatically. Make sense?

The product eCart, does that work with any Internet Merchant account? i.e. PayPal Payments Pro UK or SagePay UK?

Thanks

Office Guy-172461

The feature list for eCart is here:
#
on the Features tab.

All of the WA extensions are designed to add functionality to your own designs using CSS, templates, and standard pages.

You create the backend admin area with DataAssist.

Maybe this section will make it clearer:
web-dev-workflow.php

keithlogan347721

The eCart features page mentions Protx and WorldPay, is the UK versions of these supported?

Office Guy-172461

I'll let the WA guys take this question, as I'm in the US.

Jimmy Wu

Yes, the UK version of these products is supported as well as PayPal UK.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...