close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Problem with redirect

Thread began 12/22/2009 7:13 pm by jcc1202396761 | Last modified 1/04/2010 2:10 pm by Jimmy Wu | 4001 views | 16 replies |

jcc1202396761

Problem with redirect

I would like to change the redirect from the user profile page to my Home Page. After reasing posts in this forum I modified users_login to reflect my homepage by changing redirect from users_profile to index.php.

Now I am getting the following error:

Warning: main(file:///C|/Users/AFGL/AppData/Local/Temp/Temp1_UserRegistration100(2).zip/Connections/localhost.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/67/5286467/html/users_LogIn.php on line 1

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'file:///C|/Users/AFGL/AppData/Local/Temp/Temp1_UserRegistration100(2).zip/Connections/localhost.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/content/67/5286467/html/users_LogIn.php on line 1

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Are you trying to browse the page from a .zip file? you will want to put the page onto your web server and browse with a url that begins with http:// and not file://

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

jcc1202396761

Error

I downloaded your files to my desktop. Then, after making changes in your "get Started" help file, I used my server's (goDaddy) ftp client to transfer the files. I then tested the application on my website and it worked as expected. However, I wanted the redirect to go to my home or, better yet, the URL it was blocking acces to. Right now it takes me to the Update Page and when I press the link on the page I get a page with one line indicating that my email has been verified. The error resulted when I attempted to change the 2 instances of "successRedirect" => "index.php", as shown. If I then correct the successRedirect statement to its original form, I continue to get the error. The only way to correct seems to be reinstallation of all the original files on the server.

That is my primary issue. Of much lesser importance is the registration form does not specify the criteria for adding a password in the correct format. I see the statement in your code, but it does not appear on the page during initial registration.

Your thoughts?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

What is the url of the page on the live site? I can see if I can spot the problem that way.

You may have to set up a site in Dreamweaver when you edit the files so that the paths will be referenced correctly when editing. That could have been the source of the problem when updating the redirect.

jcc1202396761

site url

The Url is afewgoodlines.net The protected page, at the moment, can be accessed by choosing the "Pink House" link.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I can't seem to find the link to the page. I clicked on the Pink House option in the menu, but that just took me to the catalog.

jcc1202396761

up and running

I returned the site to it's original status by again, removing the program and reinstalling on the server. It is working but I still cannot make any changes to code without generating error codes.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

You should be able to find in the code where the original page name is referenced and just update that manually in the code if that is all you need to update.

If you supply a url where I can view the errors after you make the update I can try to give more information from there.

jcc1202396761

url revisited

Ok changed the login page such that I now have 2 instances of this line:

"successRedirect" => "index.php",

I am now getting the error again.

Use the link: afewgoodlines.net/PinkHouse.php for the protected page.

jcc1202396761

found something curious in file

I just noticed that when I put users_login on the remote server Dreamwever inserted the following code at the top of the page:

<?php require_once('file:///C|/Users/AFGL/AppData/Local/Temp/Temp1_UserRegistration100(2).zip/Connections/localhost.php');?>
<?php require_once("file:///C|/Users/AFGL/AppData/Local/Temp/Temp1_UserRegistration100(2).zip/WA_ValidationToolkit/WAVT_Scripts_PHP.php"); ?>
<?php require_once("file:///C|/Users/AFGL/AppData/Local/Temp/Temp1_UserRegistration100(2).zip/WA_ValidationToolkit/WAVT_ValidatedForm_PHP.php"); ?>
<?php require_once( "file:///C|/Users/AFGL/AppData/Local/Temp/Temp1_UserRegistration100(2).zip/WA_SecurityAssist/Helper_PHP.php" ); ?><?php

This appears to be the problem? As I do not know php, I am not sure how to modify this code. My page, index.php is in the same directory as users_Login.php.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...