close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Error msg JavaScript error

Thread began 12/15/2009 3:52 pm by jason261005 | Last modified 12/19/2009 7:24 am by Office Guy-172461 | 5685 views | 10 replies |

jason261005

Error msg JavaScript error

I got this message when I tried to import a site:
At line 438 of file "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Dreamweaver CS3\Configuration\Floaters\WA_SiteImport.js":TypeError: siteDomain.match(pathURLPat)has no properties

Also one of your FAQ fixit notes instructed me to open windows explorer and put %appdata% in the address bar. I am running win xp and there is on address window in window explorer, so how do I find that %appdata% ? I did a search for it and got nada.

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

If you don't have an address bar to put this into you can just browse to it directly, here is a link to instructions on how to delete the cache file and the locations you can find it at:

146/

Please give this a try and let us know if you have any further problems.

jason261005

Still the same msg

deleted it twice and still got the same message when I tried running the program.

Eric Mittman

Did you go on to try the renaming of the configuration folder? If not please give this a try, if you are still getting this error I will open you a ticket as soon as I see your response.

jason261005

I do not have any instructions on how to rename the config file. For that matter which config file?

A note of frustration: This is one of the worst tech support services that I have ever experienced. I realize the cost of having a voice service, but at least you guys could have an IM one. I run a non-profit youth program that had one of its websites lost when the ISP went out of business and we did not have a backup. I found an archived version and need to grab it. I have never gotten this program to work and these forum postings are already taking a week and I have no answer. Please either email me or call me or do something so that I can accomplish what I paid for and can get back to saving kids!

Eric Mittman

I understand your frustration about the error you getting. The instructions for renaming the configuration folder are in the link that I posted in my first response, I'm putting here again for reference.

The reason I have asked to you do this first is to determine if the error you are getting is due to some sort of file corruption. If it is then this is the way to resolve the problem, if you try these things and the problem persists then a ticket would be required to get some more info and do some more in depth debugging of the problem.

I'm opening a ticket for you on this issue, to update the ticket login and visit your support history. The first thing that I will have you try is to rename the config folder to determine if this is the cause and if it is not we will move on.

146/

jason261005

So you want me to rename the configuration folder, the one that is right under Dreamweaver 9 in the directory as in:

[DW CS3]
C:\Documents and Settings\[User Name]\Application Data\Adobe\Dreamweaver 9\ Configuration

to something like: xconfiguration ?

jason261005

The instructions say to also remove the extensions (You will need to completely remove all of the existing extensions after removing the configuration folder). How do I do that?

Eric Mittman

You remove the extensions by opening the extension manager and uninstalling any extensions that are listed. If you do not do this step you will be left with a recreation of the old configuration and possible leaving any corruption intact.

jason261005

you didn't answer the question in #7

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...