close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

UPS Shipping Charges Never Change

Thread began 4/29/2009 5:23 pm by robert222776 | Last modified 1/19/2010 7:45 am by Ray Borduin | 3943 views | 9 replies |

robert222776

UPS Shipping Charges Never Change

I have implemented UPS real time shipping for my cart. All the products have a unique weight in the database, and I have the correct weight binding for each add to cart button. The shipping charge is not changing as a function of product or quantity. Also, the tax and shipping charges are appearing on the shopping cart page, and I thought I read in this forum that shipping charges and tax should not appear until the confirm page.

What should I be looking for that might be causing the constant shipping quote, and can I just delete the lines of code on the shopping cart page dealing with tax and shipping?

Thanks,
Robert

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Just delete the lines of code referring to shipping and tax. They won't calculate or show until after the checkout confirm page is visited, but if you continue to shop they will appear on the cart page, so just delete them where you don't want them.

Probably the shipping is set to base on the weight field instead of the totalweight field in the shopping cart. It could also be using the value of a single row instead of the ColumnTotal for that column. You would have to look at where the weight was specified to see which of those two it is.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

dan361579

Deleting code doesn't quite solve the UPS/tax problem

I'm having the same problem and this doesn't quite work for me. I've added a base rate to UPS shipping to include handling. Deleting the lines of code from the cart, and leaving in a GT to accommodate charges and discounts still adds the base rate handling charges to the GT. The GT has a mysterious looking +$2 added to the GT without explaination. Is there another way to add handling so that it doesn't show up in the cart, but does in the shipping quote? Can handling be separated from shipping? Do I have to eliminate handling?
Thank you.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

You can remove the row it is on and use math ( a '+' ) to add two values together and show them as one.

robert222776

I do not have a base rate for shipping, and I don't think you suggestions correct my problem unless I am not understanding something.

This is the script that is generating the shipping charge in the shopping cart:
<?php echo WA_eCart_DisplayMoney($HorseAndPlowCart, $HorseAndPlowCart->GetShipping()); ?>
Not sure where this line gets its value.

On the confirm page the same line above also appears. Also the eCart Shipping behavior has this line:
$Shipping_PackageArray[$Shipping_PackageIndex]["PackageWeight"] = "".$HorseAndPlowCart->DisplayInfo("TotalWeight") ."";

As I mention each button on the products page has the correct item weight associated with it.

If the problem lies within "GetShipping", where can I edit that part of the code?

Thanks!

Ray BorduinWebAssist

GetShipping gets the values from the shipping tab. The problem is we have two active issues on this same thread making it confusing which question I am answering.

My advice for you was to delete the row that was showing the value you don't want to display on your cart page.

Instead of ->DisplayInfo, which only gets the first row, try: ->TotalColumn which will get the value for all rows.

dan361579

Sorry....

My apology gentlemen. I was attempting to make the thread more robust. I'm new to these forums and won't butt in again. It wasn't my intention to confuse.
DH

robert222776

To Dan....no problem...I often learn from multiple inputs....

To Ray....your suggestion to delete the shipping script from the cart page worked, as well as changing the line on the confirm page per your reply above.

The problem that I was seeing was upon returning to the cart after making it to the confirm page, the cart gave misleading and incorrect shipping numbers, but if I proceeded to the confirm page again, the shipping quote based on cart contents corrected itself and seemed right.

Thanks!

judy354182

One UPS shipping charge - multiple items - clarification please.

Originally Said By: Ray Borduin
  Probably the shipping is set to base on the weight field instead of the totalweight field in the shopping cart. It could also be using the value of a single row instead of the ColumnTotal for that column. You would have to look at where the weight was specified to see which of those two it is.  

Hi Ray,
I was trying to follow your answer here because this is an ongoing problem I'm still having with eCart5/UPS total weight...for example 46 lbs. total weight for 7 items with UPS shipping set up, as is, the charge for shipping is $6.34 total.

My questions are:
1. Where do I look to find if the "base" on the weight field instead of total weight?
2. Where would I find the single row - "columnTotal" specifications?

Thanks in advance for your help as always!

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I'd have to look at how you have it set up currently. You could post your UPS code on your confirm page to a new thread and I or somebody else will be able to give you advice from there.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...