close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Menu system Question

Thread began 12/10/2009 9:17 am by GaryDCoxDFW | Last modified 12/15/2009 12:25 pm by Eric Mittman | 1888 views | 5 replies |

GaryDCoxDFW

Menu system Question

I want to Keep the header text on the menu, but right now it goes to pages that was created that i will not be using in this site, yet i want to keep the contact menu tab, what is the best method, edit the template and have the link link to nothing or what is you suggestion?

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

So you have a link in your menu that is going to a page that will not be in the live site? A menu link will go to a particular page, if you do not want to include the link to the page you can just remove it. I'm not sure that I understand the problem fully though, please post back and include some more detail, a link or some screen shots would be best.

GaryDCoxDFW

Answer to your question

On my home page and the other pages the services, videos, gallery,contact menu tab are not to connect to a web page they are to just be there to act as a marker for the user to go to then the actual items below og to the web page. The test page is at:

test.html.ultrawatercreations.com/

IF I was in dreamweaver I would just leave this blank then it would not take me to a web page or deliver an erro messag of page not found, since i am gettin used to the web asisit tools how do i accomplish this, in the tools. I have every tool you make so which ever tool is better let me know.

Thanks for the assist.

Eric Mittman

Thank you for that, it is exactly what I was looking for. I will use the contact item as the example here.

If you would like this link to remain but just not take the user to another page you will need to set the href attribute to be #.

in menu.php

php:
<a class="link" href="/contact.php">Contact</a>

change to

php:
<a class="link" href="#">Contact</a>

GaryDCoxDFW

That was exactly what i wanted to know

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eric Mittman

Your welcome, let us know if you have any other questions or encounter any issues.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...