close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Bugs?

Thread began 11/30/2009 12:58 pm by neo314 | Last modified 12/09/2009 11:52 am by Jimmy Wu | 1808 views | 5 replies |

neo314

Bugs?

I created a custom theme and ran into a couple of issues.

If you don't allow the delay for the fly-out menu to disappear to be adjusted, you may as well not allow the "space" around the menu to be adjusted. I wanted a gap between the menu item and the fly-out menu, but even a 2px gap requires the user to move from the main menu item to the fly-out really fast or the sub-menu disappears (IE8).

When my template was shorter than my vertical menu, the vertical menu behaves as overflow:hidden instead of ensuring that the container is the same height at the menu. Even adding a P tag below the menu does not cause the div to display properly. To do this, create a 3 column centered and fixed width CSS Sculptor 3 page, add a vertical menu of say 10 items to the left column, and delete the last pigeon-latin paragraph in the right column so it is shorter. The workaround is to fix the height of the left column, but that will not help if the menu is dynamic.

Lastly, when I selected in the theme Design => Current => Entire Navigation Route, all my menu options were displayed in their hover configuration on the home page.

Thanx for any feedback on these. Sorry I don't have a development example up yet. I'll try to get one up if you need it. I am using version 2.03 of CSSMW

Sign in to reply to this post

Dani Chankhour

In regard to the first issue, you are correct, it is an IE issue but sometimes we could over come this issue by adding a zoom property or a position relative to the menu.

In regard to the second issue, i was not able to reproduce it. I attached a screen shot of the left menu being expanded all the way.

Once you have a live page up and running, please send me a link to further look into these issue.

neo314

Originally Said By: Dani Chankhour
  In regard to the first issue, you are correct, it is an IE issue but sometimes we could over come this issue by adding a zoom property or a position relative to the menu.  

Since javascript is used to display and hide the flyout menu, why not provide a setting to set the number of miliseconds (or seconds) before the change (e.g. onMouseOut do a function that waits x miliseconds before hiding).

I have not delved into the extension that much, so I am making some assumptions here.

UPDATE: I just tested and padding the sub-menu instead of providing a margin still creates the space, but as far as the browser is concerned, the mouse is still over the element so the fly-out menu stays open.

Originally Said By: Dani Chankhour
  In regard to the second issue, i was not able to reproduce it. I attached a screen shot of the left menu being expanded all the way.

Once you have a live page up and running, please send me a link to further look into these issue.  

Well I might be able to provide you a zip of the files. Here is a screen shot:

Did you examine the third question?

Lastly, when I selected in the theme Design => Current => Entire Navigation Route, all my menu options were displayed in their hover configuration on the home page.  

Here is a screenshot:

(Note: I reset the left column to a fixed height.)

Jimmy Wu

The menu sets the items that are selected based on the url. If the menu items have the same url, they will all be highlighted. Is this the case with your menu?

It would be great if you could send the files for the second issue or provide a live link to the page so I can take a look at it.

neo314

I'll try to get something up this weekend. I didn't have the substance in the web site to test what I believe your question is. I assumed that if I chose "Entire Navigation Route" it would highlight every level on the menu through to the current page and if I chose current item, it would only highlight the current item (and not the top level of the menu which held that link.

This could be from testing/previewing the menu when there were no links included. I have seen that in my other menu software, but then it should recognize that the current page is not "#" and none should be highlighted rather than all.

Am I correct about what the choices mean, because that is what I am after?

Jimmy Wu

Yes, the way you are thinking about it is correct. If you click the help button when on the page for choosing that option, there is an explanation of each of the options.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...