close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Surveyor problems - cant get it working

Thread began 11/20/2009 6:46 am by phil.howarth382555 | Last modified 7/06/2010 11:55 am by Eric Mittman | 3208 views | 8 replies |

phil.howarth382555

Surveyor problems - cant get it working

I have tried with this software, I really have - over and over and over and over again. How unusable is this program designed to be? It achieves a sublime malevolence in terms of its lack of friendliness - but most of all - I cannot, for the life of me, get it working. I have been around computers since 1984, but never, never in all that time, have I encountered a piece of code which is so unrelentingly frustrating. Congratulations, Web Assist - you have finally managed to reduce this extremely unhappy purchaser of your software to weeping at his pc. Another first for America!

Sign in to reply to this post

Office Guy-172461

I know it doesn't help your situation, but I haven't had any problems with it.

It doesn't sound like you're asking for help, but if you are interested in solving the problem, you might want to post some details about your OS, DW version, Surveyor version, problem you're having, and someone can help you.

You don't mention any steps you've tried but here are some Dreamweaver troubleshooting tips:
146/

Eric Mittman

Phil, I'm sorry to hear about your experience. If you can please explain a little about what troubles you are having, what you are hoping to accomplish and the what you have done so far. With some more info I'm sure that we would be able to help you get things going.

phil.howarth382555

response

thanks for the replies - I did email details to support but was referred to the forums. I will have one last try at getting the contact form extension, the Surveyor extension the Form Builder extension working. I anticipate I will get into the same loop as before, but will keep a record of the steps I take and post them to you.
Thanks.

phil.howarth382555

problem details

"Now that your contact form has the same design as the other pages in your site, you simply need to link to your contact form from within your page.
1. Add a link to the contactus.php or contact_styled.php file anywhere within your site.
2. With the links added, uploaded all the files, including the Solution Pack files to your live server."

This quote is from your PDF 'How To' for the Contact Form Pack. I can understand what is being said in the first sentence, i.e. now that I have added my DW template to the contactus.php page and styled it I simply need to link to my contact form from my page. But what page is being referred to here? The page I am on (i.e. conctactus.php) to which I have applied the template? Or is some other page being referred to here? It bothers me that I would need to link from a page to the same page?

With that puzzlement dancing around my head, I read on to see if the context makes it clear. Hmm. Ahh... "add a link to the contactus.php or ...." etc... anywhere within your site. Presumably a nav button type of link? Well that doesn't really help, as it seems clearly to be another link to be set up.

Then we get to 2. "with the links added, UPLOADED all the files, including the Solution Pack to your live server" (my CAPS). Presumably this means UPLOAD not UPLOADED?

I'm afraid I have come up against similar things in the tutorial other than the above. I will post these as I attempt to make this contact form work yet again. Perhaps it is clear to you guys what is being instructed in the above, but it isn't to me.

Office Guy-172461

Not sure what this has to do with Surveyor, but if you are talking about the contact us solution pack, you just:

1. Enter your settings into the WA_Globals
  2. Upload the page and support folders to your site.

You now have a functional contact us page. If you want to provide a link to it through your navigation menu, you add it the same way you would add any other page.

Eric Mittman

The reference here to the link is not based on a specific page, it is just saying that you can add in a link to your new page in your site if you don't have any links to it already. The text for uploaded should probably just be upload.

phil.howarth382555

Despair

Hi, me again, 1 year down the road. I had to buy a whole new pack of stuff instead of the 'SuperSuite' you sold me then. I haven't been able to get most of the programs in this 'Supersuite' working. Siteassist worked partially, except you can't change the menu design even though I have Menuwriter (which also doesn't work either in Siteassist or as a straight insert from the insert menu. Of course, Universal Email doesn't work either, Surveryor doesn't work. CSS Sculptor doesn't work. Pretty much all junk.

How do you guys continue to do business? I am genuinely impressed that such a heap of crap continues to sell. **** I hate being creamed. But I admit it, you shafted me good. If you are going to get ripped off, be sure its by an American. They do you real good. I will tell all my friends.
Bye

Eric Mittman

You have mentioned numerous tools of ours that you say are not working for you. Please post back and include some more information about any specific issue that you are experiencing including any error messages or output that is occurring that is not correct. We will gladly look into any troubles that you are having with our tools and try to help you get things working correctly.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...