close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Surveyor problems - cant get it working

Thread began 11/20/2009 6:46 am by phil.howarth382555 | Last modified 7/06/2010 11:55 am by phil.howarth382555 | 3173 views | 8 replies

phil.howarth382555

problem details

"Now that your contact form has the same design as the other pages in your site, you simply need to link to your contact form from within your page.
1. Add a link to the contactus.php or contact_styled.php file anywhere within your site.
2. With the links added, uploaded all the files, including the Solution Pack files to your live server."

This quote is from your PDF 'How To' for the Contact Form Pack. I can understand what is being said in the first sentence, i.e. now that I have added my DW template to the contactus.php page and styled it I simply need to link to my contact form from my page. But what page is being referred to here? The page I am on (i.e. conctactus.php) to which I have applied the template? Or is some other page being referred to here? It bothers me that I would need to link from a page to the same page?

With that puzzlement dancing around my head, I read on to see if the context makes it clear. Hmm. Ahh... "add a link to the contactus.php or ...." etc... anywhere within your site. Presumably a nav button type of link? Well that doesn't really help, as it seems clearly to be another link to be set up.

Then we get to 2. "with the links added, UPLOADED all the files, including the Solution Pack to your live server" (my CAPS). Presumably this means UPLOAD not UPLOADED?

I'm afraid I have come up against similar things in the tutorial other than the above. I will post these as I attempt to make this contact form work yet again. Perhaps it is clear to you guys what is being instructed in the above, but it isn't to me.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...