close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Site Import only importing index

Thread began 11/19/2009 5:35 pm by dadu394227 | Last modified 11/20/2009 1:56 pm by Ray Borduin | 2570 views | 9 replies |

dadu394227

Site Import only importing index

Hello, I just purchased the product and it will only import the index page. I selected entire site etc. The site is www.wiscoy.com. Your help is appreciated

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

try starting the import without the www in the url:
wiscoy.com/

dadu394227

Jason.....still not working. I also trie another site showdowngsp.com and i only get index page. please help, I bought this product for this one project and I'm disappointed so far.

neilo

Using 'http://wiscoy.com' and selecting '999' as maximum pages, I imported the site (only 3 pages, but that's all there are).

If you want to import the video clip, you will need to add .wmv as a file type in 'Media' in Step 3.

Selecting '100' as number of pages often returns little, and appears to be a bug of Site Import.

dadu394227

I also tried a higher value. there are may html files that are not imported
kennellinks.html
spotlight.html
list.html
new.php
specialtyshowcalendar0809.html
litterlistings.html
search.php
specialtyresults2009.html
troubleaoct.html
martinipupslideshow.html

This is a fairly complicated site and not just a plain 3 page site. Am I missing something here ? Is Site import up to this task ?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

This is becuase you are using a DHTML menu for all of your links, and the script for that menu is actually added with script, which prevents site import from finding it.

All of the links are actually in the script file added with:
document.write('<scr'+'ipt language="JavaScript" src="'+popbasedir+'popup'+peXt+'.js"></scr'+'ipt>');

Just like google, or yahoo... Site import isn't able to index and follow links specified in this mannor.

To get around this problem, try importing the page: popupie.js

That will probably import the whole site.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

dadu394227

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately that did not work either. Could you escalate this up another level within tech support. Is it possible to open a trouble ticket that would include phone support.

Thanks for the support.

Dave

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I just did it and it worked for me. What version of site import are you running?

What happened when you tried importing the .js page like I suggested?

dadu394227

I'm using dw cs4 with site import 3.0.3. When I did as you suggested I imported more elements but not the whole site. missing just about all the htm but I did get _css & other assets. Any chance to get phone support

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I can set you up with phone support... I'm just not sure how much it would help. I think I can help just as well from the forum for now. Keep working with me and I'll give you a call if I think it will help.

I can see I got most of the pages you listed, but not all. For instance I got all of them but new.html, litterlisting.html, and search.html.... same for you?

I looked through your site and couldn't find those pages linked from anywhere. What page are they linked from?

Actually I found that I got a few more pages by running another import on the page:
kennellinks.html

Actually it had imported most, they were .php pages so I didn't notice them at first. Doing the second import did get more files though.

Do two imports to the same directory:
popupie.js
kennellinks.html

That seems to have gotten all of the files for me... if it doesn't work for you, let me know the precise files that don't get downloaded and I can look into it more.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...