close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Missing presets

Thread began 11/16/2009 5:38 pm by h150477 | Last modified 11/19/2009 4:49 pm by Jason Byrnes | 1732 views | 3 replies |

h150477

Missing presets

I downloaded the rounded corner presets zip (three times) and when it was extracted, it contains only two of the three files that it is supposed to contain.

These are:
rounded corner preset 2_column
and
rounded corner preset 3_column.

The instructions on page 2 of Working with rounded corner layouts in CSS Sculpture call for a file called:

2 Column Fixed, Rounded Corner, Left Sidebar, Header and Footer png
Apart from this being an odd name for a file, it does not exist in the download, so where do I find it? Or am I missing something.

The article is long on instruction and short on explaining what we are supposed to be trying to achieve. I think that it would benefit from a rework.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

The tutorial is referring to the "rounded corner preset_ 2column.png" file, which is the source image for the "2 Column Fixed, Rounded Corner, Left Sidebar, Header and Footer" layout that is available in CSS Sculptor.

I am forwarding this to our documentation department so they can see about making that a bit clearer. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

h150477

Originally Said By: Jason Byrnes
  The tutorial is referring to the "rounded corner preset_ 2column.png" file, which is the source image for the "2 Column Fixed, Rounded Corner, Left Sidebar, Header and Footer" layout that is available in CSS Sculptor.

I am forwarding this to our documentation department so they can see about making that a bit clearer. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.  

That helps, but the document expressly states that there are three png files to download.
It would be good if there was a sample file to show what we are supposed to be aiming at.

While your documenters are having a look at that point, why not get an expert stylist who has not used this extension before to have a go at following the article and see if he or she can produce a result?

I bet you do not have one who can!

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

It is a typo in the documentation that there should be three. there are only two.

The outcome of following that tutorial is to create a layout with a wider header area, and a navigation bar below it.

Since the rounded corners designs are image based, you cannot simply use the controls in CSS Sculptor to add a new div and have that div use rounded corners. You need to first make the layout in an image editing program, then create the slices to be used in CSS Sculptor.

There are a number of people who have been able to successfully follow the tutorial, in all honesty, this is the first time the issue has been raised.

Aside from the mistake of mentioning three images when there are only two, is there specific part of the tutorial you are falling down on?

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...