close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Site Assist Pro crashes CS4 on Mac

Thread began 11/02/2009 10:37 am by mikedesousa77780 | Last modified 3/31/2010 2:05 pm by Jimmy Wu | 7402 views | 11 replies |

mikedesousa77780

Site Assist Pro crashes CS4 on Mac

Hi, I have attempted to use Site Assist Professional 1.7 repeatedly on an iMac:

2.8 Intel Core 2 Duo
4 GB 800 MHz SDRAM
Snow Leapard 10.6.1

Dreamweaver CS4 V10 Build 4117

Unfortunately Site Assist repeatedly crashes. I have a bug report but do not want to post it here and have emailed your team (Laura Savelli) who has the report.

The crash occurs after the new Site Assist site has been defined and the "Finish" button is clicked. The task appears to crash some brief way into the creation of the Site Assist files as a few files are left in the root folder.

I wondered whether my version of Site Assist Professional required updating. Indeed when I visit my account I have an update button for the extension here:

dreamweaver-extensions/

However when I click the upgrade none appears in my Upgrade Centre - not good practice given you're selling professional website extensions...

upgradecenter.php

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards,

Mike

Sign in to reply to this post

Office Guy-172461

I think you might be confusing the terms "Update" and "Upgrade".

Updates are bug fixes that are free and appear in your download section automatically.

Upgrades include new features that you purchase through the Upgrade Center.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Version 1.1.7 is the most recent version of Site Assist Professional.

Try deleting the Dreamweaver Cache file from the users configuration folder:
common_installation_issues.pdf

If you are still having problems, please provide some details about your site definition:
1) Local Info Tab, what is the full path in the Local Root Folder setting.

2) Testing Server tab, what is the full path in the Testing server Folder setting.

mikedesousa77780

Hi, thanks for your responses. Clearing the Dreamveaver cache didn't solve the problem. Nope, not confused at all. I'd like the latest and greatest Site Assist Pro extension, period, and I think I have it - it just doesn't work.

I've sent the bug report to your colleague - I wish you'd take a look as this gives you the information as to why your extension is crashing...

I have V1.0.7 installed. I think you made a typo when you stated "Version 1.1.7" as the most recent.

The local paths are (by "Settings" I think you mean "Configuration - remember I'm using a Mac):

1. /users/[username]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Dreamweaver CS4/en_US/Configuration/

Note the "en_US/" is not included in your PDF support document.

2. If by "Testing Server tab" you are referring to the Site Definition > Testing Server. At present there are none defined from the drop down. What do you resommend setting this to? Server Model, and Access. Thanks for your clarification.

On a different note you have a logical bug on your site. When I'm logged in and visit the extensions page and click the "web design" tab I see upgrade above each item:

dreamweaver-extensions/

Yet when I click the "Upgrade Now" button I'm taken to my upgrades which doesn't include Site Asssist Pro. I now understand the "core" extensions page shows all upgrades. If I was confused at first others will be too. I hope the feedback helps.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Sorry, about the typo, you are correct, I meant 1.0.7 is the most recent version.

I looked at the crash report, and to be truthful, it does not help narrow down the cvause of the crash.

My First question was asking about the Site Definition > Local Info setting. what is the full path in the Local Root Folder setting?

I'm not asking about the configuration location at this point, I'm trying to get a sense for your Dreamweaver Site Settings.

A testing server is not 100% necessary if you are not creating dynamic pages, If ou are createing static html pages, then none is needed.

mikedesousa77780

Hi Jason Byrnes, thanks again for your prompt response and taking a look at the bug report - I'm sorry that didn't shed light on the issue. This is however the only time Dreamweaver has crashed after running it a year without difficulties.

I have two accounts on my iMac, one for me, and another for my son. My son does not have administrator access, and we are using Site Assist Professional for his new site. The full path to his site under "Places" is:

gabriel/Documents/websites/newsite/

As I mentioned, the path doesn't appear to be the issue as a number of files from Site Assist are dumped into the correct folder. It's just that a little way into the command the script encounters a problem and crashes Dreamweaver.

Thanks,

Mike

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have created a support ticket so we can look into this further.

To view and edit your ticket, please log into your support history:
supporthistory.php?

Jimmy Wu

The dw.closeDocument(tempDOM); in the apply template section of the buildPages function on the wasap_wizard.js file was causing an issue. Removing the function call prevented the issue. The pages will get saved and created correctly, but will not be closed after.

angelperez391232

same issue - crash upon "finish"

I'm having the same issue. How do I make this fix?

Jimmy Wu

What operating system are you running and which version of Dreamweaver are you on?

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...