close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Adobe Extension error when installing WA

Thread began 10/28/2009 12:07 pm by marketing331920 | Last modified 10/29/2009 7:22 pm by Eric Mittman | 2398 views | 4 replies |

marketing331920

Adobe Extension error when installing WA

Hello. I recently purchased the 'upgrade' of 'form builder'. I installed the module into dreamweaver cs4, restarted DW but no link to insert form builder (insert> WA> drop down menu..no form builder) Also, I have installed iRite, form Validation, Cookies. I was informed to delete the iRite and then install the 'form builder' module. Well... this is when the problems with Adobe extension manager started. The extension manager timed out. I performed a control+alt+del to open the task manager and ended the program. Then restarted DW and extension manager. Now I cannot delete the iRite or install the upgrade form builder... Wow... I also contacted Adobe support and I am awaiting a response from them. Does anyone got a suggestion as to how I can get operational again. Best regards, SValencia

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

It sounds like a corrupt configuration folder to me. Here is a link to a post that discuses the steps you can take to rename or delete this folder to have it be recreated by Dreamweaver. Please give this a try and let us know if you have any other troubles.

Also, when you are installing form builder into DW you should make sure to uninstall any previous versions of form builder or Validation Toolkit.

showpost.php?p=12293&postcount=2

marketing331920

Thank you

According to a "chat" on WA, there has been some kind of 'transition' of product/names. I did not have a prior version of Form builder. I did have the suite and was informed that I needed to delete irite..then at a later chat, validation...so it got very confusing as to how to do the upgrade.

marketing331920

Adobe extension manager error partially working

Thank you for the directions on how to correct the Adobe extension Manager (AEM). As a point in fact. The file folders on my Window XP os / 64bit, has " Administrator with the configuration folder and a "all user" with the configuration folder in it. I upgraded the Dell precision from a 32 bit system to a 64 bit system to utilize, try to utilize the 8gb of ram. (possibly a big mistake) and this may be why I have multiple configuration file. But back to the issue. Changing the name to 'configuration_back' in the Administrator folder mapped to the 'configuration' folder worked...partially.

Now the error that popped up is as quoted here... ( "At line 157 of the "C:\Program Files(x86\Adove\Adobe Dreamweaver CS4\Configuration\Shared\WebAssist\Library\WA_XML.js":XMLString has no properties" )

And! Upon retarting DW CS4 / 9, all of the web assist links are missing in the tools pallets. Now, searching for WA, I view the AEM. There are the WA modules. Am I to now delete all the modules and re-install them. Thank you in advance for the excellent directions. I am aware that I got off track on the user files and system os a tad and apologize for the diversion if too far off track. SValencia

Eric Mittman

I think you may have this partially worked out. You should find the locations of the configuration folders in either the admin or all users area and delete or rename it again. If you have it in both you may want to do this in both of them.

Once you have done that you will need to open the AEM and delete the extensions that you see listed here. This should give you a clean config to start the installation from. Let us know if you have any problems after trying it this way.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...