close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Captcha -- Not displaying correctly

Thread began 10/26/2009 9:31 pm by michaelf0199272 | Last modified 11/02/2009 1:05 pm by michaelf0199272 | 7048 views | 14 replies |

michaelf0199272

Captcha -- Not displaying correctly

I built this form with Form Builder. I have a number of issues with the form. I am certain -- that the form is done correctly. The problems are: (i) the captcha is not displaying correctly, please see attached imgaes and (ii) when the form is sent -- nothing happened.

Regarding (ii) -- I think that my application of UE may be incomplete or just simply incorrect.

I need help to get this form working.

Thanks in advance,

Michael

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Looks like the captcha image needs to have the height adjusted to be taller.

Can you send a link to your page so I can take a look?

For the email problem:
have you set universal email to redirect to another page after the email is sent?

If so, does it perform the redirect?

This will tell us whether the email is trying to be sent or not.

If it gets to the redirect page, but the email does not come through, double check the SMTP server settings to make sure you entered the server correctly.

On the from Tab, leave the from display name blank. Some SMTP server will not work if a from display name is entered.

is the from address on the same domains the SMTP server? For example is the smtp server address is "smtp.mydomain.com", does the from address use the same domain "myaddress@mydomain.com". If not, you may need to enter a valid address from the same domain in the Return Address field.

If it is still not sending the email, you should contact the host to see if they can look in the SMTP server error logs to see why the message is not being relayed.

michaelf0199272

Blow please find the website:

contactus.php

Jason: For the email problem:
have you set universal email to redirect to another page after the email is sent? Answer: yes.

If so, does it perform the redirect? Answer: No, the form did not get sent.

Many thanks,

Michael

anonymous

Michael,

The captcha actually looks fine on my machine - I am running Firefox 3.5+ on Mac Snow Leopard and there is no issue with that.

I just tried your form and this doesn't appear to have anything to do with Universal Email as it appears that the form (based on what it did when I tried it) is not validating and even sending the post data.

To troubleshoot, here's what I suggest (as this has helped find similar problems)... go in to the form and add error messages for server validation... It really looks like a server validation issue from what I can see. I would do something simple to get answers quickly like just add the word "error" beside all the fields and then highlight each one and add the server behavior show if server validation fails (of course selecting the correct field for each show if statement). Then run the form again and submit it to see if any server validations are restricting the continuation of sending the form.

Cheers,

Brian

michaelf0199272

I did a completely fresh Contact Form using Contact Form Builder. I then applied Universal Email. The Captcha still does not fully display. I used IE8 to prview.

Q1: How do I change the hight of the Captacha in the Form Builder or elsewhere to guarantee it will display fully in IE8?

Another issue when I tried to send the newly created form it gave the error message below.

"Fatal error: Cannot redeclare waue_addattachment() (previously declared in /misc/24/000/237/182/8/user/web/rcgconsultn.com/WA_Universal_Email/mail_PHP.php:2) in /misc/24/000/237/182/8/user/web/rcgconsultn.com/WA_Universal_Email/WAUE_contactus102909_1.php on line 64"

Find the Contact form: contactus102909.php

Also find attached WAUE_contactus102909_1.php.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

please send a copy of your contactus102909.php file

michaelf0199272

Jason -- I have attached the file that you requested for your review.

Thanks,

Michael

Attached Files
For-Jason_102909.zip

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

there is no file attached to your reply.

michaelf0199272

Please find attachment as a zip file.

Thanks,

Michael

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

looking at the WAUE_contactus102909_1.php file I can see that the mail body is set to the code from the WA_Universal_Email/mail_PHP.php

The only way I have been able to reproduce this is to click the Pencil edit icon on the Body tab, click the Get from file button and select the WA_Universal_Email/mail_PHP.php.

For instruction on the correct way to create an email, see the "Creating an HTML email" in the Solution Recipes section of the Universal Email support page:
universal-email/

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...